Code of Conduct

Default Is it safe to get Creed on ebay.com?

I've seen them between $35-40 and they claim these are not testers, it seems too good to be true. Have you bought any? Is Creed a brand hit by knock offs?

Last year I got a fake DKNY fragrance (ebay.co.uk) and it wasn't funny.

Any advice?
    Last edited by fcbarcelona; 2nd September 2007 at 04:33 AM.

Default Re: Is it safe to get Creed on ebay.com?

eBay and Creed is a tricky mix. Search the boards and you'll find a wealth of information. Your best bet is to go with an e-tailer that occasionally has Creed's, but the freshness will likely not be what you'll get retail.

Of course, Creed doesn't help matters by using low quality atomizers and caps. My genuine GIT (a gift bought retail at Neiman's) leaks out from the bottom of the sprayer if you try to dose a partial spray. I'd think it's a fake if I didn't see the Neiman's box and receipt.

Of course... it does smell amazing.

Last times eBay is very tricky for some fragrance brands. One of them is Creed and the other one is Chanel. Till now I have never had problem on eBay, but two or three months ago I bought two Chanel fragrances for my girlfriend from a seller which I don't know. He had good feedbacks and the price was very cheap so I went for it, but both of them were fake. Not even an imitation which smells the same. I can give you some names who are selling genuine Creed. If you want to buy from someone you don't know or you can't trust that much then pay always with PayPal. read the feedbacks of the seller good. By this link http://www.toolhaus.org/ you can see all the netural and negative feedbacks of a seller. Otherwise you have to search a lot on eBay. But still keep in mund that there are a lot of peopel who doesn't know how the real stuff smells. I have done a small research and I have seen that there were a lot of people wjo had bought fake items but they werenot aware that it was fake. I asked them to go to a fragrance shop or to a department stoire and try the original one and compare it. There were a lot of people who were disappointed
    when they have found out that what they have bought was fake. Some sellers will send you items later so that you will have a PayPal time out and makes it difficult to get your money back. Read the eBay and PayPal conditions of buyer protection. You have to react in certain days and the selr has to have at least a certain percentage of positive feedbacks. Personally I bought most of my fragrances on eBay, but what a pity that the only fake ones I bought happened to be for my girlfriend ;-p

I have been victim of what people call ' fake' Creeds. Perhaps some of them have been called that too quickly. The juices were very close to the original but still - a little odd (stale, gone ??).

I do not think that all Creed bottles can be copied easily. Also, Creeds have a relatively small market. (So, I would rather fake Coco Chanel or No.5 instead! And these are actually offered sometimes from Poland cheaply). I've also heard that Creed (and others) channel excess to the gray market from time to time. The odd speciality of Creeds (according to rumor) : they are said to dispose of sub-standard production lots the same way as they dispose of excess. In that case you are likely to get shit one way or the other. Your risk is lower with established traders within your own country. But if things are not just cheap, but extremely cheap, I wouldn't buy them!
    Last edited by narcus; 2nd September 2007 at 03:12 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

if its on ebay for $35 it should send alarm bells ringing dont go for it you would be very lucky to have a bottle of good stuff come to your door!
    I did have a package at my house onece that consisted of a FAKE green irish tweed AND silver montain water , and from the packaging alone you could tell the difference and the bottle too consisted of a very inferior mould and cap too along with the crap that they had filled inside it. i would say from my experience dont buy from the sellers that ONLY have GREEN IRISH TWEED AND SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER in their CREED stock ( as these are defenitly the 2 most forged creeds on the market ) , whereas a seller that offers a variable amount of different creeds should probably be selling the kosher stuff ( but obviously that still is not 100% that they are )

NO!!!

E-bay is always risky. My advice is, safe some more money and buy a fresh bottle from an official Creed dealer. You will be happier in the end, and hey, you will do a long time with a bottle.
    Ofcourse, if you still want to "save money" and buy stuff from e-bay, listen to some BN ers advice from trusted sellers.
    It will prevent you from a lot of frustration afterwards and it will save us from another "fake Creed bottle"post.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by eric; 2nd September 2007 at 08:02 PM.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/21st-Scentury-Ltd

has anybody bought from this seller?
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

s130178
    Irish tweed and silver mountain are the ones I wanted so I'll stay away off eBay...Thanks for the advice.

21st-Scentury-Ltd
    I've never bought from him but he seems legit, he's even offering testers and his prices are not cheap either (you will find those same fragrances 5-10 quid cheaper from other uk ebayers). I've bought tens of fragrances off ebay.co.uk and experienced only 2 problems with a DKNY be delicious and a chanel chance (the 1st one from an uk ebayer with an eastern europe surname, the 2nd one posted from Bulgary or Hungary).

The safest way to go is to get a tester with its white tester box, 100% reliable imo. In all these years on ebay (9) I just found one seller offering fake testers (Farenheit 200 ml). Probably he removed the original fake box and fake cap.
    Last edited by fcbarcelona; 4th September 2007 at 12:56 AM.

Wink Re: Is it safe to get Creed on ebay.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/21st-Scentury-Ltd

has anybody bought from this seller?
    i have used this seller many times now for creeds , the guy how runs it , i deal with him outside of ebay now and i get a discount cos i dont have to pay paypal / ebay fees , he also is very very generous with his samples i have had countless amounts of them , he also has a range in stock that he dosent list on ebay for regular creed customers
    oh and the juice is fresh too!
    i highly reccomend them for any uk buyer

Well, after reading the many threads of ebay sellers selling bunk creeds and you're still willing to give it a shot...can't say you weren't warned.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Well, after reading the many threads of ebay sellers selling bunk creeds and you're still willing to give it a shot...can't say you weren't warned.

TNMA
    Possibly in the US, or from other foreign sellers, but I too have found 21st Scentury to be 100% reliable.
    Last edited by alpine; 4th September 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Another thumbs up from me for 21st Scentury: first class service, and top quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Another thumbs up from me for 21st Scentury: first class service, and top quality product.
    But if Creed's distribution is very strict, so how 21st. Scentury get them cheaper?

Now they do not let to show even prices of their scents and to sell samples. (I am talking about www.lessenteurs.com. Earlier there was a list with prices and in the Creed's official site was written that you can get samples from les senteurs shop
    Last edited by DreamerII; 4th September 2007 at 05:20 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel