Code of Conduct

Thread: RSVP anyone?

Default RSVP anyone?

Have any of you lovely chaps tried the new Kenneth Cole RSVP? I have sniffed it on card, but not on a warm body, and my initial response was phwor! I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it out and what the reaction was (from themselves and others). My daughter is thinking of buying some for her boyfriend (he already likes it, so all she needs to do is beat him to the shop, I think!).

Anyway. Any and all feedback on this one would be most welcome.

Clemmie
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RSVP anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Have any of you lovely chaps tried the new Kenneth Cole RSVP? I have sniffed it on card, but not on a warm body, and my initial response was phwor! I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it out and what the reaction was (from themselves and others). My daughter is thinking of buying some for her boyfriend (he already likes it, so all she needs to do is beat him to the shop, I think!).

Anyway. Any and all feedback on this one would be most welcome.

Clemmie
    Hi, Clemmie!
    I did get a sniff of this the other day. I agree with you, the top notes were excellent. Oddly, after about a minute or so, it seemed to go a little peculiar - it's possible that I don't go for the middle notes.

BUT... this also was on a card; I had tried so many things that day that every body part was used, so to speak. So it's not necessarily valid, because I didn't actually wear it.

I haven't had any luck with recent Kenneth Cole frags, but this one might be different. Let's see what others say.
    Cheers, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed it for a Kenneth Cole release, but I don't think I will ever get a full bottle.

To me, it seems like one of those warm scents that work well in warm weather... perhaps it was just the advertising?
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

very versatile and the only kenneth frag that i like a lot and share excellent longevity.... very spicy and manly, fresh but warm in the last base.. for day or night without problem, but dont expect so much good opinions about KC fragances in this forum..

Post Thanks / Like

i washed this off my arm, also Tokyo by Kenzo...i would save my money!!

Post Thanks / Like

to me it doesnt have a smell...just like reaction thermal by kenneth cole....if you are going down the ole cole road, stick with reaction, its a compliment getter.

Post Thanks / Like

I sniffed this one quite a while back, as it came out here in the States in time for Valentine's Day 2007. Maybe the European launch was recent?

Still, from what I could remember, it was a surprisingly pleasant, not very offensive scent. It didn't have the horrrible cloying aquatic note that Signature did, nor does it smell mediocre like Black. Instead, it was a soft woody musk with some floral notes... not bad at all. Overall, it wasn't bottleworthy, but it wasn't bad, either. Simply put, you could do a whole lot worse at your local Macy's than RSVP.

Still, I like Reaction the best out of all the Kenneth Cole frags.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell does "phwor!" mean?!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is nowhere near a work of art, but in my book it's the only scent Kenneth Cole has made for men that isn't pure dreck. I own a bottle and wear it from time to time. It's pleasant enough.

BTW, the fact that I own it doesn't mean it's in any way special; I own lots of wonderful scents, and not a few mediocre-to-awful ones.

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful package;nice wooden box and straight bottle;and,I liked the scent BUT again my continuing story of short longevity;only 4 hours for me.Very try-worthy I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    What the hell does "phwor!" mean?!
    <g> Er...it means 'cor, I really might fancy a bloke who smells of this stuff - but he'd have to be good-looking at the same time...possibly'.

PHWOR!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback on this. I think it has to be tested on skin. I think that about all fragrances anyway. It is a warm smell, to my mind anyway. Even on card.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Thrax

I really liked this stuff. Though I only had one spray on the back of my hand. I cant speak much of longevity, but I found the top notes VERY similar to Vera Wang for men.