Code of Conduct

Default What can you tell me about these two houses?

I read random spatterings about these two, but no real info. Has anyone bought anything from them? Thoughts? Recommendations? I'm looking for quality and longevity, backgrounds, etc.

Ava Luxe
    i Profumi di Firenze

Thanks for your feedback.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What can you tell me about these two houses?

Ava Luxe has quality fragrances that last. They are more concentrated with essential oils (You can tell from a paper test) so the sillage is not as strong but it has never been a problem for me. I have tested more than half of the line and I don't regret it one bit. The best experience I have had yet is sampling the many different Ava Luxe fragrances. Although I only narrowed it down to three fragrances to pursue (Green Tea, Queen Bess, and Wild Blackberry Musk) I still enjoyed just about every scent but some just weren't for me.

What fragrances or types of fragrances do you find you most enjoy? Or even if there are specific notes that you enjoy. I'll do my best to provide some recommendations.

I investigated Ava Luxe a few months ago but a lot of the frags I sampled never grabbed me - I found many of them lacking in complexity. For the price they're pretty good but they always left me feeling unfulfilled.

The only that I quite liked was Wild Blackberry Musk, which I still can't make up my mind about. It was actually my SOTD but failed to satisfy me throughout the day. I'm now thinking of either giving it away as a gift or just wearing it around the house. Great longevity, though (at least 12 hours for the EDP).

I've also heard that most of the perfume concentrations have a synthetic plasticky/waxy accord, so it'd be best to stick with the EDPs.
    Last edited by Trebor; 5th September 2007 at 09:30 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

You are definitely in the right place, to find more info about Ava Luxe - the womens discussion board is chock full of threads. See here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195567
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195976
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=198743

Ava Luxe's that I recommend highly are: Midnight Violet and Film Noir.

Now, I Profumi di Firenze - sorry, I have never tried their stuff at all. I have heard good things about Arancia Dolce (you gotta like orange, to like this one) and Acqua di Firenze (white flowers and green - very 'girly').

Green Tea and the blackberry musk sound right up my alley. I was checking out the site further and discovered that they provide varying sizes. Based on some of the cautionary words, it may serve me well to buy small for now. I appreciate the input so far!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)