Code of Conduct

Thread: Men's Vogue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Men's Vogue

There's a new American men's fashion magazine to compete with Esquire and GQ--Men's Vogue. I've picked up two issues so far, and I think the most recent, with Tony Blair on the cover, is surprisingly good.

Anyone else had a look at any issues and have any thoughts about this mag?
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Men's Vogue

It's alright. I dunno, I flipped through one of them during work one time. I didn't like it as much as GQ (which I prefer over Esquire as well). So... yea, that's about it. Though, I think different magazines are trying to garner themselves to different age groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Men's Vogue definitely fills a void in American men's magazines. The Vogue worldwide empire prides itself on excellent reporting and pretty impeccable taste. Vogue Uomo and British Men's Vogue have been cultural touchstones for at least 15 years, while America had only GQ. Not such a bad thing, but some time in the last decade GQ has tried to shed any trappings of a "gay" aesthetic or sensibility; there are times when it seems like a Maxim with better clothes.
    I get both GQ and Men's Vogue, among others; the clothes and fashion advice aren't terribly different between the two. But while GQ beats its chest and makes sure that there ain't no fey vibe to its features (interestingly disdaining just that very sensibility which gave it the gravitas it currently holds) Men's Vogue couldn't care less if you are gay, straight, metro, uber-- whichever social role you care to self-assign-- as long as you are concerned with au courant fashion, art, design, and style.
    If I had to choose one, I'd go MV.

Post Thanks / Like

Much better than GQ or Esquire, and sometimes even a little illuminating. The first issue was a killer great magazine, and obvioulsy they couldn't keep that up, but it is good.

Classic Style is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet View Post
    It's alright. I dunno, I flipped through one of them during work one time. I didn't like it as much as GQ (which I prefer over Esquire as well). So... yea, that's about it. Though, I think different magazines are trying to garner themselves to different age groups.
    Agree, magazine now are garnering itself through different age groups....

So people may know what is right magazine for them...