Code of Conduct

Talking Finally Received: New Montales

Well i just received my new Montale scents. As a recap, i just purchased these from the montale store in paris over the phone. Spoke with a lady named Hiba and told her what i wanted and only cost me 95 euro each. In additional I was asked by her if i wanted her to add additional perfume in it to make it stronger and i said hell yeah. She told me montales in paris are a lot stronger and longer lasting than in the United States and upon testing these new ones, this is 100% the case. In additional, the bottles i received feel a lot more full. Every bottle i purchased from US vendors felt a bit lite and about 50-60% full. These from paris felt about 90% full. This may have to do with the additional perfume they add.

Here is some quick description even though i suck at the explanations. This is the best i can do

Aoud Flowers- Very nice. Starts of smelling exactly like the Aoud Rose Petals dry down. Soft, floral and a nice aoud background without the band aid smell. Very nice.

Golden Aoud- My favorite. Has a nice Aoud smell with a wood background. Very nice for wood lovers as it has an almost dry scent. VERY NICE!!

Rose Mukhallut - A very sweet scent of rose and what smells like almond almost. Kind of a Lakhoum scent. Candy like rose, sweet and soft. Not a sharp rose like other montales. Very unique and very nice also.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 5th September 2007 at 10:54 PM.

Default Re: Finally Received: New Montales

Based on your recent posts, I'm certain I'll follow suit. Good tip regarding the "extra" portioning as well.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

All Montale aluminum spray bottles are of a larger capacity than the 100ml / 3.4 oz they contain. I tested five of my own Montale bottles by emptying the contents into a special glass measuring cup I have, and each time--even though the bottles don't appear to be full-- there was at least 100ml of fragrance in each new bottle. Buyers in the US are not getting short changed as you seem to suggest. They are getting the 100mls/3.4 oz they're paying for.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 6th September 2007 at 01:55 AM.

the juice supposed to be edp strength and seems like it is so i'm not worried about it.
    Last edited by pluran; 6th September 2007 at 02:05 AM.

Can they speak English? Because if they can't, i'm screwed. I couldn't speak French to save my life!

I may finally order that bottle of Royal Aoud i have been thinking about for a long time. I don't feel like paying $150 at Luckyscent if i don't have to.

They all speak perfect english but you have to Ask for Hiba s she is in charge of all international orders. She speaks perfect English. In fact i just called again last night and ordered black Aoud, Aoud lime and roses musk and she asked me what free 50ml bottle would i like. So i told her Aoud Ambre. She is actually sending me a free 50ml bottle. They are unbelievably generous with their samples. I couldn't believe it. With my last order, they gave me a free 20 ml sample of roses musk. I liked it so much i ended up ordering the 100ml bottle. Make sure to ask for added perfume in it. Great service!!

How much are they charging for Black Aoud? The swiss site had a big sale a couple of weeks ago and I got Attar 100mL for $100 Canadian including shipping! They were out of Black Oud though.

I'm sure they're extra nice to you as you're such a good customer - you've bought about six bottles in two weeks!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 6th September 2007 at 04:53 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    They all speak perfect english but you have to Ask for Hiba s she is in charge of all international orders. She speaks perfect English. In fact i just called again last night and ordered black Aoud, Aoud lime and roses musk and she asked me what free 50ml bottle would i like. So i told her Aoud Ambre. She is actually sending me a free 50ml bottle. They are unbelievably generous with their samples. I couldn't believe it. With my last order, they gave me a free 20 ml sample of roses musk. I liked it so much i ended up ordering the 100ml bottle. Make sure to ask for added perfume in it. Great service!!
    Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to know how much a 50ml bottle from the Oud range costs would you? Thanks again.

The 100ml of black aoud is 95 euro. The 50 ml i believe is 70 euro.

Montale has quickly become my favorite house. So i usually commit fairly quickly in purchasing a lot of their scents as i love majority of them. It is an added bonus that you can order directly from them with free shipping, extra juice and even speak to Pierre montale personally if he answers the phone which he does quite often!!

Free shipping too? Is there a minimum purchase for that? I hope they're as nice to me when I call for one bottle! Thanks for the info.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Yeah. Free shipping. I believe all orders are free shipping. When you receive your order, they include a card thanking you for the order and it states on the card that all orders are shipped for free and you receive the same service as if you are in the store.

Kind of a nice touch i would say. The order only too 7 days yo receive it via FED Ex.