Code of Conduct

Thread: Le Mâle

Default Le Mâle

I was in a TJMaxx in Edmond tonight when I picked up and sampled Perry Ellis 360 White for Men. Lo and behold, I smelled Le Mâle by Jean-Paul Gaultier! (Much less than half price, esp. at TJMaxx's prices, mind you.)

Mind you, here I thought I'd stumbled onto a great sleeper/bargain for Le Mâle fans . . . well, I got home, got online, and went immediately to the reviews. Wouldn't ya know it -- I'm by no means the first BN'er to have "discovered" what a reasonably priced (and long lasting!) knock-off of Le Mâle this frag is. Very good sillage, too -- I've already had compliments. Oh, and the longevity is excellent, as well. (I spritzed it on shortly after 7:00 and it's already almost 9:30. The scent is still going strong.)

I'm not the world's biggest fan of Le Mâle, but can easily see why its devotees (who are legion, I might add) might easily go for this less expensive alternative in a big way.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Le Mâle

An even cheaper alternative to Le Male is Cuba Gold. I smelled it on a few people and I could have sworn they were wearing Le Male until I asked them.

Interesting. Sadly, I have seen neither here in Germany. Ah well, with Le Mâle you get quite a lot for your money anyway.

Has anyone seen the Scuba Diver Collectors Edition of this? Any pictures?

Basenotes Plus

It has been discussed several times here before that PE White, Body Shop Javari, Ghost Man and Catherine Memmi Attitude M are all clones of Le Male. Personally I prefer Ghost Man to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I was in a TJMaxx in Edmond tonight when I picked up and sampled Perry Ellis 360 White for Men. Lo and behold, I smelled Le Mâle by Jean-Paul Gaultier! (Much less than half price, esp. at TJMaxx's prices, mind you.)

Mind you, here I thought I'd stumbled onto a great sleeper/bargain for Le Mâle fans . . . well, I got home, got online, and went immediately to the reviews. Wouldn't ya know it -- I'm by no means the first BN'er to have "discovered" what a reasonably priced (and long lasting!) knock-off of Le Mâle this frag is. Very good sillage, too -- I've already had compliments. Oh, and the longevity is excellent, as well. (I spritzed it on shortly after 7:00 and it's already almost 9:30. The scent is still going strong.)

I'm not the world's biggest fan of Le Mâle, but can easily see why its devotees (who are legion, I might add) might easily go for this less expensive alternative in a big way.
    Yeah, I was contemplating buying Le Male at one point then discovered PE White for $15. Slightly different juice but contains all the elements that makes Le Male a dynamic scent.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Ted Lapidus' TL pour Lui is another similar scent.
    As is Jacomo Rouge to my nose.
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Ted Lapidus' TL pour Lui is another similar scent.
    As is Jacomo Rouge to my nose.
    right Francois...
    Jacomo Rouge has a strong resemblance !

You can find a bit (I say a bit ;-) )of Le male in Samourai, Alain Delon too...

Fragonard Sportissimo
    Galimard Suivez Moi
    Ghost for men
    Jacomo rouge
    one of Jacque Bogard scents
    SL Chergui
    Last edited by DreamerII; 6th September 2007 at 10:10 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Basenotes Plus

Chergui???

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Chergui???
    this one was a joke

but Fragonard's and Galimard's scents are very cheap
    Last edited by DreamerII; 6th September 2007 at 10:19 PM.
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    Fragonard Sportissimo
    Galimard Suivez Moi
    I suppose you meant:
    Fragonard Suivez-moi
    Galimard Sportissimo
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Can I add Britto man by Romero Britto is also very much like Le Male but softer. I feel the same with 360 White - when it is side by side with Le Male - LM is much harsher in lavender where 360 is all vanilla and musk.

Basenotes Plus

Yes, I failed to mention Britto. You are correct, sir.

Are there any 100% clones of LM? Javari for example doesn't qualify, it has so much pepper. There are also other scents like Rochas Man or Lempicka that are close, but is there any alternative that you absolutely can't tell apart from LM?

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I suppose you meant:
    Fragonard Suivez-moi
    Galimard Sportissimo
    right

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I was in a TJMaxx in Edmond tonight when I picked up and sampled Perry Ellis 360 White for Men. Lo and behold, I smelled Le Mâle by Jean-Paul Gaultier!
    Many of the Perry Ellis fragrances smell -- shall we say, "inspired" -- by other scents. Considering the price difference, especially at a place such as TJMaxx or Perfumania, they make a very attractive alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Many of the Perry Ellis fragrances smell -- shall we say, "inspired" -- by other scents. Considering the price difference, especially at a place such as TJMaxx or Perfumania, they make a very attractive alternative.
    Check out PE M. Smells very close to Chanel Allure Homme but with Cinnamon in it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    Are there any 100% clones of LM? Javari for example doesn't qualify, it has so much pepper. There are also other scents like Rochas Man or Lempicka that are close, but is there any alternative that you absolutely can't tell apart from LM?
    Don't mean to offend, but if you like JPG Le Male, why are you trying to replace it?

It strikes me as a great club scent but I rarely wear it anymore in fear of smelling like some other guy with a popped collar and sunglasses inside. (don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the scent!)

btw... do you really think that Rochas Man and Lolita Lempicka are similar? I get the same sweet, gourmand feeling but don't find any note similar to the other... especially LL with its anise notes.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Don't mean to offend, but if you like JPG Le Male, why are you trying to replace it?

It strikes me as a great club scent but I rarely wear it anymore in fear of smelling like some other guy with a popped collar and sunglasses inside. (don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the scent!)

btw... do you really think that Rochas Man and Lolita Lempicka are similar? I get the same sweet, gourmand feeling but don't find any note similar to the other... especially LL with its anise notes.
    I'm not really trying to replace, I just wanted to ask how close all the mentioned alternatives actually are to LM. While I do think that LM, Javari, Bulgari Black, Lempicka, Rochas Man are more or less in the same camp, there are differences between them. One has anise, the other pepper, and so on. I only wanted to know which is the most exact replication. Just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    I'm not really trying to replace, I just wanted to ask how close all the mentioned alternatives actually are to LM. While I do think that LM, Javari, Bulgari Black, Lempicka, Rochas Man are more or less in the same camp, there are differences between them. One has anise, the other pepper, and so on. I only wanted to know which is the most exact replication. Just out of curiosity.
    100% Love cologne by S Perfume. It is 100% Le Male.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW