Code of Conduct

Default would you classify envy as musk?

I sprayed this on because my buddys wife gave it to him for Christmas...at first i thought it was too much then later i couldnt stop smelling myself...it had a really pungent musk smell and i liked it...are there others like this, without civet or dog doo smell?

Default Re: would you classify envy as musk?

are you describing Envy by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab ?

no by gucci

Opoponax, Incense, Patchouli, Amber, Musk, Cedarwood, Cardamom, Anise, Ginger, Nutmeg, Pimiento,

One of my favorites, Gucci Envy. I love the bottle design, the color of the juice and for myself it always reminds me of my old man. The scent of Mennen Skin Bracer Green was all he ever wore.

envy's low on the scale of fragrances with a lot of musk. i don't wear it much but don't recall ever smelling much musk in it. the drydown is far more about opopanax than the smell of musk. envy does have a quality, long lasting drydown. for whatever reason, an abundance of musk doesn't seem appropriate for envy.
    Last edited by pluran; 6th September 2007 at 07:02 AM.

Envy is all about cedarwood and ylang ylang (yep fredricktoo, add this to the notes too cuz it's definitely empowered by a good dose of it )
    having the thick sensual character of ilang ylang and the green woodyness of cedarwood. A very popular and good one, probably still the best among the latest gucci releases.
    Not much about musk is running there, aside maybe a small hint as a fixative.

thanks guys!

Basenotes Institution

I would not classify Envy as a musk.

I don't necessarily like Envy that much (probably due to the fact that it's my boss's signature scent...I smell it all the time). On my skin, its suprisingly 'incense-y' and reminds me slightly of Rush by Gucci (which I prefer). But musk? I have to say no.

I don't get musk from it either...or anything that remotely resembles "dog doo". Definitely more spices for me. I wouldn't even really classify it as sweet, as most musks are.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

More spicey and sweet than musky. I really did not like it. I am tempted to say my bottle had spoiled, but I think the scent may just not have stood the test of time well.