Code of Conduct

Default Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain

Have anyone already tried Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain? It sounds delicious and fascinating - perhaps a liquor-version of the equally gourmand-fragrance Metallica? http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...anille_by.html

Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain

I just read that article - sounds good. The macaroons sound v good. I haven't tried it though (not the perfume or the macaroons)

Basenotes Institution

Funny - as soon as I heard about this scent, I thought of you, Mr. Guerlain. I wondered if you'd heard of it, or had more info about it.

The scent sounds positively 'Serge Lutens-ish' don't you think? I love macaroons and a well blended gourmand always catches my attention.

Alas, I have no more information than you have...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Funny - as soon as I heard about this scent, I thought of you, Mr. Guerlain. I wondered if you'd heard of it, or had more info about it.

The scent sounds positively 'Serge Lutens-ish' don't you think? I love macaroons and a well blended gourmand always catches my attention.

Alas, I have no more information than you have...
    Hi Mike - I'm so flattered that you were thinking of me! Well, I called the Champs Elysees store to ask some questions about it. The SA described it as reminding of sniffing old, gourmand rum! I'm really tempted to buy it blind...

Just got a sample from Gerald of Voilette de Madame. Holy Jesus, is that good or WHAT??! "Flowers in the dirt" comes to my mind when sniffing this one. At one time aldehydic, dirty and vanilla-woody. Why oh why does this one cost 800...??

mmmmmm... looks good... its making me hungry i think its brekkie time

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Hi Mike - I'm so flattered that you were thinking of me! Well, I called the Champs Elysees store to ask some questions about it. The SA described it as reminding of sniffing old, gourmand rum! I'm really tempted to buy it blind...

Just got a sample from Gerald of Voilette de Madame. Holy Jesus, is that good or WHAT??! "Flowers in the dirt" comes to my mind when sniffing this one. At one time aldehydic, dirty and vanilla-woody. Why oh why does this one cost 800...??
    Voilette de Madame sounds like Jardin du Nil by MPG (or for that matter, Midnight Violet by Ava Luxe)? Have you tried these and if so would you compare them? VdM sounds right up my alley, except for the 'powder' references, in some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Voilette de Madame sounds like Jardin du Nil by MPG (or for that matter, Midnight Violet by Ava Luxe)? Have you tried these and if so would you compare them? VdM sounds right up my alley, except for the 'powder' references, in some reviews.
    Don't know any of these I'm afraid. The 'powder' I assume is the aldehydic-'fizzy' top. I actually like that effect. Makes it more 'dreamy'. But longevity of the whole fragrance could be better...