Code of Conduct

Default Need some ideas please.

Hey all, I've grown bored yet again with my current setup, I'm looking to try out some burberrys. Any recomendations? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it's for the office/daily use. Not too fresh or aquatic.

Default Re: Need some ideas please.

Britt is powdery and smoothe but that is the only burberry I am farmilliar with. There are plenty of other designers that make amazing scents that would suit the office (ie Gucci pour Homme, John Varvatos, YSL Rive Gauche, etc...). Just a thought.

You have good scents in your wardrobe but I can see how you'd grow bored with only 5. Nearly all the burberry frags are good in my opinion but the best are Brit and the newest Burberry London.
    UK Swap Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for decant swaps

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10)LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Varvatos is the anti fresh...but it rocks
    kiehls musk is bad ass,,,good for office, dates, morning, night,its very versatile
    gucci pour homme ii is pretty good it walks the fresh line though its got a great spice note too it.
    l'homme by ysl is really nice...powdery musky gentleman drydown that is great.

I like Burberry Brit a lot and Touch is good also, clean smelling and sharp.

Personally find Brit to be the best recent Burberry, an updated English masculine powdery rose, nice fresh top, very allround, for office as well as romantic wear. London is quite sweet and not really good in an office context. Touch is, but I find it less interesting than Brit. And Weekend, well...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Personally find Brit to be the best recent Burberry, an updated English masculine powdery rose, nice fresh top, very allround, for office as well as romantic wear. London is quite sweet and not really good in an office context. Touch is, but I find it less interesting than Brit. And Weekend, well...

I actually just came back from Dillards. I sampled Brit. To me it started off too much like Polo Double Black, but after about 45mins it changed to something else. I'm well into 4hrs now and it's still going off of one spray to the wrist. I think I like it enough to give it shot.

If you get a change, London and Touch are both pretty good. I would say Touch is a light peppery musk...like a sweetened Bvlgari PH if you're familiar with that. Very versatile and pleasant. I'd say that London is a little more of a "standard" smelling sweet and spicy wood, but still very nice and smooth.

Personally, I think if you want something in the sweet powdery category, you could do better than Brit. Like Dior Homme.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 8th September 2007 at 11:31 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Dior Homme will get you more compliments than you will know what to do with.

Brit is one of my all time favorites, and with winter coming on, it'll be in my top ten rotation again.

Touch is something else, and quite a fantastic fragrance IMHO. I would classify it as a sharp floral, and it has decent longevity and great projection. It isn't a "fresh" fragrance per se, but every woman (or man) that smells you will be thinking the same thing: "Oh wow, he smells sooo clean."
    I think Touch would be appropriate for the office, as would Dior Homme (In a light, under the clothes application), but I don't think Brit would work well in the office. It's a little too "Young and Rowdy" for the office.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Rich, you make me want to go douse myself with Dior Homme
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I'd go for the original one (whatever it is called nowadays). Pipe tobacco, pears & honey. I think it is quite lovely and perfect for the upcoming fall & winter.

Otherwise, Brit works nice, but you're playing pretty much in gourmand territory there.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Wink Re: Need some ideas please.

The only way to learn is to make mistakes. My advice is to keep the damage to a minimum. Shop on the internet, sample at the retail locations and maybe, in a year or two, you will have a workmanlike "nose". If you have a hunch follow it. Feel free to throw out or swap all your mistakes. Burberry, ugh!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 9th September 2007 at 02:01 AM.