Code of Conduct
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Any Particular Romantic Moments Enhanced/Reduced by a Fragrance?

Well now...maybe you want to share (in generalities, of course!) a particularly ::AHHH:: romantic or ::SHUDDER::turn-off situation revolving around your/your SO du jour fragrance, or lack of same? Hmmm? We promise not to tell..
    Last edited by kbe; 9th September 2007 at 01:03 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Default Re: Any Particular Romantic Moments Enhanced/Reduced by a Fragrance?

It's happened more than once that when attempting to kiss or embrace (the English, not the French meaning) my wife, she turns away in disgust and says: uhhh, you stink (sometimes specified: like great-grandpa). "Winners" include Versailles pour homme and (oh, the irony!) pour le jeune homme by MPG. Well, I've said the same when she wears Simply. Thankfully she now prefers Eau d'Orange Verte, Bulgari Thé Rouge, Rousse or Aimez-Moi.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Wearing Tabac Blond always excites me.
    Madame X and Patchouli also easily slide me into the mood.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Enhanced = Rose 31 by Le Labo

Michael (sloan_8013) calls it his 'weapon of mass seduction'. Love that!

My most recent romantic interlude was all thanks to Alien. He was someone I was longing to see again. I finally got up the nerve to contact him again. He was glad to hear from me. We planned to meet. I had just bought the Alien and was getting so many compliments on it that I knew this had to be the SOTE. We agree to meet for dinner. I see him and smile. He reaches for me and squeezes me. He said, "Uhm you smell good." I giggle of course. He talked about my perfume on the way to the resturant. He talked about it at dinner. The waiter asked us if we would like some desert. We both said no at the same time lol! We was ready to go. I'll just say that it was a very lovely evening. I often kiss my bottle and thank my Alien for bringing him back to me.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thanks to all of you for sharing.

Anyone else?? Surely there is someone..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Enhanced = Rose 31 by Le Labo

Michael (sloan_8013) calls it his 'weapon of mass seduction'. Love that!
    Ah yes, WMS one of my favorite expressions. Rose 31 has worked well in the past but, Musc Ravageur is the latest culprit. I was recently 'ravageured' by one young lady who tore my shirt off. MR smelled great on her as well. An enhancement indeed.

BTW Daim Blond, Black Aoud and At the Beach 1966 have also resulted in similar reactions and enhanced experiences whether on me or my partner.
    Last edited by Sloan; 11th September 2007 at 10:00 PM.

summer means fireflys

Jaipur Homme. Big.Enhancement.

enough said
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Ah, Eternity for Men.
    It reveals when my 'heyday' was, but I have such happy memories of a romantic involvement with a gentleman who always wore this fragrance, that every time I smell it I get a little silly.

Ad the one I always remember making me gag was Drakkar Noir. What was that strange sulphurous note? Or was that the spot cream?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729