Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Link the Fragrance to the New Car!

OK, let's do a game: Link the fragrance to the new car! Basically, we choose a men's fragrance that's currently on the market, and link it to a 2008 car/truck/SUV that's also currently on the market. Then, make sure it has many of the same traits (possibly in a certain color), and call it a day.

I'll start out with a few:

Azzaro Chrome: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited in Light Ice Blue. Neither will offend, both are extremely safe, and like the namesake Azzaro scent, the Ford has enough chrome to make your head spin.

Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gio: 2008 Honda Accord sedan in any color. Both rip off something (AdG rips off Issey, Accord rips off both the BMW 5-series sides and the Hyundai Sonata's tail). Both are very popular. And both are overrated. But hey... the Honda will last longer!

Hummer H2: Hummer H2. The Hummer H2: a poorly crafted off-road vehicle by General Motors with atrocious mileage. The Hummer H2 fragrance: a poorly-crafted fragrance by Elizabeth Arden with atrocious sillage. No surprise here.

Parfumerie Generale Cuir Venenum: Lexus LS460 L. Both are exquisitely crafted (one by a French master perfumer, the other by Japanese master craftsmen). Both have a lot of leather. Both are long-lasting (unlike the Mercedes equivalent, which I'll get to in a moment). And both are wonderful.

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte: Mercedes-Benz S600. Both are sleek and classy... until they break down quickly. Ask Consumer Reports or J.D. Power about Mercedes "quality" (ha ha). Better yet, ask your fellow Basenoter about Eau d'Orange Verte's longevity.

Keep on going with more... but remember, they have to be cars and fragrances currently in production, so a 1957 Chevy or even the infamous Yugo won't do in cars. Likewise, Havana or Cuiron won't do in smellgoods.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Link the Fragrance to the New Car!

WOW! From the auto/frag matchups to the Journey lyrics, this is one of my favorite posts of all time.