Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane

Ok, so if you've been following some of my recent posts on the mens board, you will already be aware that I am totally obsessing about purchasing Kelly Caleche by Hermes.

However, there is yet another Hermes fragrance that has caught my attention - a reissue of Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane. Some background info: Caleche, is a woman's scent from Hermes that has had a few different 'versions' through the years (see Basenotes directory for info). This particular version was done in 2005 by none other than Jean Claude Ellena. Fast forward to now - Neiman Marcus is celebrating their 100 year anniversary by selling a lot of Neimans-Exclusive items. One of the items happens to be Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane - in a brand new box.

I smelled it when I was at Neimans a couple weeks ago and instantly loved it. Perhaps it was the violet leaf or maybe just the combination of the notes (Osmoz lists: violet leaf, jasmine, Turkish rose, mimosa, heliotrope and beeswax). NOT a sweet fragrance, but very unsweetened fruit and bright spices (something Mediterranean...). It's nice - and I came this close to buying it right there on the spot. I mean c'mon...Hermes / JC Ellena / limited edition - it can't get more tempting than this, no?

Has anyone smelled this and care to comment on it?

Default Re: Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ok, so if you've been following some of my recent posts on the mens board, you will already be aware that I am totally obsessing about purchasing Kelly Caleche by Hermes.

However, there is yet another Hermes fragrance that has caught my attention - a reissue of Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane. Some background info: Caleche, is a woman's scent from Hermes that has had a few different 'versions' through the years (see Basenotes directory for info). This particular version was done in 2005 by none other than Jean Claude Ellena. Fast forward to now - Neiman Marcus is celebrating their 100 year anniversary by selling a lot of Neimans-Exclusive items. One of the items happens to be Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane - in a brand new box.

I smelled it when I was at Neimans a couple weeks ago and instantly loved it. Perhaps it was the violet leaf or maybe just the combination of the notes (Osmoz lists: violet leaf, jasmine, Turkish rose, mimosa, heliotrope and beeswax). NOT a sweet fragrance, but very unsweetened fruit and bright spices (something Mediterranean...). It's nice - and I came this close to buying it right there on the spot. I mean c'mon...Hermes / JC Ellena / limited edition - it can't get more tempting than this, no?

Has anyone smelled this and care to comment on it?

I have not smelled it but those are all my favorite notes. I am going to obsess with you and I won't be able to get anywhere near a Neiman's for at least a month

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Herms Calche Fleurs du Mditrane

Great review of it on Perfume Posse: http://perfumeposse.com/2007/09/09/h...-mediterranee/