Code of Conduct

Unhappy Does anyone know why the actual site is down?

I cant go straight to basenotes.net...only by going through google and clicking on the community was i able to get here?

Default Re: Does anyone know why the actual site is down?

It's been buggy for a couple days.. not sure why. Perhaps some new features are being added.

This is posted in the wrong forum.. should probably be moved to the community center section.
    --------------------------------------
    I'm guessing a lot of people are having that problem since there's only 10 replies to the SOTD thread. It didn't work for me at all at home this morning (got the 1&1 page) and didn't start working until I got to work.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 11th September 2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I love Basenotes and I have enjoyed this site immensely. But I am very fearful of it fading away. I have often considered becoming a supporter, but with my kid's karate lessons, braces, band instruments and other countless expenses, it slips down my priority list pretty fast.

Based on the past year, I fear the worst, but I hope for the best. LONG LIVE BASENOTES!

Wow, I just managed to get through. Seems like Basenotes is experiencing severe domain name issues ... anybody knows whats going on ?
    -

The only way that I was able to get through was to go straight to http://community.basenotes.net

otherwise I could not get through.

yeah me too....on another computer it lets me go to the site and not the community...strange

I cant go straight to basenotes.net...only by going through google and clicking on the community was i able to get here?
    Please tell me more about how to do this. Maybe I could use this method to get to basenotes from my home PC.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen View Post
    Please tell me more about how to do this.
    Bookmark this page: http://community.basenotes.net

(Note: there have been times during the past two days when this didn't work, but often it does...)
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Bookmark this page: http://community.basenotes.net
    Oh, is that what the OP was saying? It doesn't seem that that would help me - if I can't get to there by typing it on the address line then wouldn't a bookmark just give the same result?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

It's a DNS issue.. the whois record shows that the DNS was changed again on the 11th, resulting in some erratic behavior like hitting the parked domain page. That should hopefully work its way out by tomorrow! Right now, it works at home with lots of broken links and limited functionality (on a mac, both safari and ff). At work, it works on IE and Safari for windows only (no ff) on my PC through a firewall and works fine on the mac using safari on an outside line. It looks to me like it's is going through the propogation woes again. The traceroute is also showing that it targets the wrong IP on some networks, but not other.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!