Code of Conduct

Question Looking for a night blooming jasmine scent

It's been such a long time since I've dropped by - my life has been in the fast lane for the past year (new job that I absolutely love) so I don't have a whole lot of spare time. Hugs to those of you who remember me.

One of my two most beloved fragrances is night blooming jasmine. Summer here in San Francisco is waning, and I'll miss sniffing it during my evening walks. Is there a perfume out there that boasts of it in its truest form? A la Nuit is quite piercing, although I do like it. At times, anyway. It's high octane NB jasmine LOLLL. I'd like something a little more true to the real deal. Suggestions?

Default Re: Looking for a night blooming jasmine scent

I like the Keiko Mecheri Jasmine. If I could train myself to save, that would be the one for me!
    --------------------------------------
    AND welcome back to you and your dancing kitty avatar!

Stay awhile!!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 12th September 2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A La Nuit - Serge Lutens is in the export line so shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sarrasins is supposed to be rather a good jasmine. I haven't received mine yet, but will post a review when I do.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Hi Fufu- good to see you again and happy to hear you love your job so much- what a blessing! I haven't been around much either, but try to stop in when I have a moment of downtime too.

For jasmine, I still love Joy, but I know many get more rose than jasmine from it. Have you tried Madini's jasmine oil? It's very true to the flower. I knew someone who wore it as her signature and she always smelled beautiful- fresh, soft, sweet.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Welcome back, Fufu! I miss the dancing kitty!

Bruno Acamporo's Jasmin brought tears to my eyes. My sample has a bit more than 1/4 ml and it gave me a dozen wearings. It's inconceivably strong, even by those who can spell inconceiveable. (??) It lasts unbelievably long--I generally wore four swipes or so from the dipstick on my wrists with plenty of sillage for myself and three feet away, and it lasts 6 hours easy. It's sweet but not too sweet, green but not too green, a hint of spice keeps it from too fresh, and brings to mind a panther's low growl without being indolic. I feel the need of a red silk and gold trimmed sari when I wear it-- with a jewel falling from my luscious black curls to lay tantalizingly on my forehead. I love kai--casual, young sexy. BA Jasmin is not for the young anymore than a low cut black dress with black stillettos and diamonds are. I think one must be 21 or maybe 25 to wear it. Of course, at 43 I'm safe-- everrybody knows the 40's are a women's sexual peak.

Yeah, it's the bomb. I didn't care for any of the rest of the line, although the tuberose (my despised note!) almost won me over.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

i second the lutens, its great - very "living" yet fantastical at the same time

Ah I've missed you all and the great reads and suggestions. I'm just gonna have to make the time to pop by, that's all.

LOL Shycat - tears in my eyes are exactly what I don't want. I appreciate all the leads, though. Key, you may be right - a simple oil might be my salvation on this one. Like I said, A La Nuit is beautiful but on me it expresses itself as a shout, not a whisper. Strange, but scents seem to stay on me longer than they used to. Must be some chemistry's been achangin'. I'm going to check out a sample of KM's jasmine.

Clemmie, let us know your impression of Sarrasins when you get it. :-)

One of my favorites, Amoreuse by Parfums Delrae, draws inspiration from the Victorian Box trees that you can find along the streets of San Francisco. Not the pure jasmine for which you are looking but it might remind you of your jasmin scented strolls along your wonderful city streets.

Notes:Tangerine, cardamom, tuberose, jasmine, Tahitian ginger lily, cedar, moss, sandalwood, honey.

The Different Company's Jasmin de Nuit doesn't work on me (I get gingerbread from it, for some reason), but I have some friends who swear by the stuff. Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    The Different Company's Jasmin de Nuit doesn't work on me (I get gingerbread from it, for some reason)...
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    One of my favorites, Amoreuse by Parfums Delrae, draws inspiration from the Victorian Box trees that you can find along the streets of San Francisco. Not the pure jasmine for which you are looking but it might remind you of your jasmin scented strolls along your wonderful city streets.

Notes:Tangerine, cardamom, tuberose, jasmine, Tahitian ginger lily, cedar, moss, sandalwood, honey.
    He's right - He's right - it's GORGEOUS (and he was the one introduced me to it. It's on my "down the line - gotta have" list) But it's potent on my 78-year old, dry and living at the beach bod - so if A la Nuit is strong on you - which it is not on me - and you are loking for a gentler 'fume, you might think twice. I've settled on Creed's Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie .... for now.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Talking Re: Looking for a night blooming jasmine scent

I also like the The Different Company Jasmin de Nuit and Creed's Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie. Both have been nominated - I second them!

I like also Jasmin Full from Montale, but it is also a bit strong.