Code of Conduct

Default Fragance for Son

My son will be turning 14 soon and I want to give him a nice fragance for his birthday which he can wear every day. He currently wears what most of his age group wear which is the traditional spray type stuff, Axe, etc. BTW we live in Florida which as you know is hot in the summer and warm in the winter. Appreciate any recommendations.
    Last edited by pruizgarcia; 12th September 2007 at 02:12 PM.

Default Re: Fragance for Son

I think he should probably stick to aquatics/fruity scents. Some of them that come to the mind are:

Clinique Happy for men
    Acqua Di Gio
    Paris Hilton for men
    Polo Black
    Polo Blue

gupts

My son is 11. Packaging matters to kids and teens, so it needs to be "cool".

My suggestions for a 14-year-old in Florida would be an aquatic along the lines of Kenneth Cole Reaction. Kenneth Cole Signature is another choice. They're clean and fresh scents.

You also would not go wrong with Issey Miyake or Aqua di Gio. Even Armani Code would do OK.

Hope this helps.

I would go with Aqua Di Gio.

Zesty, acquatic or simply not too overwelming frags are ok I think also considering his young age but as a damn B'noter, I'd take the occasion for starting educating him with something classy maybe.
    So ok with CK one, L'Eau d'Issey (preferrably in the lighter summer versions), and even Kenneth Cole, Acqua di Gio and Paco Rabanne Black XS, but if you want to give him a different start why not giving him a bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta? I think maybe its yellow package can be found amazing.

Creed Silver Mountain Water

coolest kid in school
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

There are plenty of selections for you;

-Wings
    -Unbound
    -Cool Water
    -Bora Bora
    -Heir by Paris Hilton
    -Hugo Energise

These are what I could think of at the moment.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Abercrombie & Fitch FIERCE

Why not Acqua di Parma? Light, crisp, well made but inexpensive and readily available.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I agree with the poster who said kids want "cool". Kids nowadays also want "expensive" because of all the rap music and such, so I would actually second the idea of a creed... I would personally choose either MI or Himalaya because of the gimmicky packaging. tell your son the MI bottle is plated in gold and he will go WILD. I promise. other than that... if you wanna go a bit cheaper, Chanel is well known by the youngsters today, allure homme sport could be a good choice. My friends little brother is about 16 and hes super proud of his bottle of allure homme original. You could also get him Clean Men, and he would get alot of attention from the 14 year old girls... let me think here... kids love scents which make them smell older, thats the whole point of cologne in a youngsters mind, so I would also take a look at hugo boss "in motion". its the ver 2.0 of the metal sphere, super gimmicky and super cool bottle with a scent he would probably love. Lacoste is well known by today's youth as well... but im not a big fan...

I think it would really cool to go with the MI or Himalaya. theyre both easily available online for relatively cheap, theyre gimmicky and cool, smell great, and your kid will lose his mind when he hears they retail for 300 $ and are plated in 24k gold. when choosing a kid's cologne you really have to think like a kid, not like you think a kid thinks lol

My fifteen year old son likes:

Perry Ellis Portfolio
    Swiss Army
    Chrome
    Gendarme
    Hugh Parsons Blue
    Cool Water

Best regards,
    Mike

Allure Sport seems like the best combination. It's "fresh" so that will make his scent popular as judged by his 8th grade peers (I've heard 8th grade is not what it used to be). It's also made by a well known maker of luxurious fashions. Lastly, it's actually really good compared the other stuff you could buy him (I'm looking at you Aqua di Gio).