Code of Conduct

Thread: Help!!!!!

Default Help!!!!!

Hello all,
    I have an interview for a job coming up soon. It is business casual attire in a cafe in the afternoon. I was wondering which of the following would be good for the interview. I know that it is important that no more than one spray be applied as it may cause a negative effect.
    Dior Homme
    Armani Code
    Lacoste Elegance
    Davidoff Cool Water Deep
    Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise
    Calvin Klein Obsession night
    Burburri pour Homme ...i think.. It's the one with the clear bottle and the silver cap
    Armani Acqua di Gio
    Armani Mania
    Armani Attitude
    Polo Black
    Polo Double Black

Default Re: Help!!!!!

Ya... i saw that, but I don't have the fragrances recommended. Which from my collection?

i say you go with double black...it smells really good and its not in any way cloying or distasteful...my brother is a sales exec and thats what he wears to meetings and such...its good because it will make you feel good and also it wont make the guy(or lady)interviewing you look at you sideways. Good luck, but where what makes you feel confident...but i say double black all the way.

What industry are you interviewing for?

With your list of possibilities, I vote for nothing.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Dependent

you probably won't smell them and they won't want to smell you. At least from my experience. When I free lanced I just wanted to smell clean.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    you probably won't smell them and they won't want to smell you. At least from my experience. When I free lanced I just wanted to smell clean.
    Agreed. You don't want to be sitting there in the interview wondering what the interviewer thinks of your scent. You want to be all there...no distractions, including cologne.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Arrow Re: Help!!!!!

In my opinion if one is accustomed to wearing fragrances everyday, one shouldn't abstain from wearing them if one is going for an interview. I mean i feel incomplete if i don't wear any fragrance on any day.

Yes, we wouldn't want to wear an 'in your face' fragrance on such an occassion.

Therefore I think you could go with minimal application* of any of these light inoffensive scents:

Davidoff Cool Water Deep
    Armani Acqua di Gio
    Polo Black
    Polo Double Black

* one spray on the chest and one or two sprays on your clothes.

gupts

Cool thanks a lot...I am interviewing for a consulting firm... but I think I'll just put on a very little amount of Davidof Cool water after shave...after I shave. I would put the Polo Double Black, but that may be a little to strong. Thank you all for the input

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    With your list of possibilities, I vote for nothing.

TNMA
    No offense, but I agree. When I think job interview, I think of Gendarme, Mugler Cologne, and the like. Doesn't have to do with your taste, just the options you have don't seem to fit. Your scents are all too sexy for an interview, imo
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    No offense, but I agree. When I think job interview, I think of Gendarme, Mugler Cologne, and the like. Doesn't have to do with your taste, just the options you have don't seem to fit. Your scents are all too sexy for an interview, imo
    Great minds think alike. Gendarme is the only applicable cologne for an interview, in my opinion. When I think Gendarme, I think executive. A close second would be Hugh Parsons (blue), which has a "clean hotel sheets" note.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Calvin Klein Obsession night
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89