Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default M7 Fresh - The Big Letdown

I picked up M7 Fresh in England last December mainly on the strength of the reviews though I did sample it a few times before I bought it. I must say I don't reach for it much and after wearing it last week, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not good enough. The citrus/agarwood opening leaves me indifferent and the drydown doesn't get much better. There's not much evolution going on here either. Add to the fact it's gone in 3 hours, and I begin to wonder why it's not called "M7 Watered Down for Summer/Casual Wearings".

Now, I must say that I really like the original M7 but this one just seems rushed and a complete miss. YSL would've done right it they would've approached it like they did with Opium PH & Opium PH d'Orient. D'Orient is a lighter version very suitable for Summer that still retains that distinct Opium vibe/progression. In some ways, it's almost better than the original and the EdP but I digress. For the past summer, d'Orient was my go to scent and M7 Fresh remained untouched. Enough said.

BTW, I just added M7 Fresh to my Sale/Swap list.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: M7 Fresh - The Big Letdown

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I picked up M7 Fresh in England last December mainly on the strength of the reviews though I did sample it a few times before I bought it. I must say I don't reach for it much and after wearing it last week, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not good enough. The citrus/agarwood opening leaves me indifferent and the drydown doesn't get much better. There's not much evolution going on here either. Add to the fact it's gone in 3 hours, and I begin to wonder why it's not called "M7 Watered Down for Summer/Casual Wearings".

Now, I must say that I really like the original M7 but this one just seems rushed and a complete miss. YSL would've done right it they would've approached it like they did with Opium PH & Opium PH d'Orient. D'Orient is a lighter version very suitable for Summer that still retains that distinct Opium vibe/progression. In some ways, it's almost better than the original and the EdP but I digress. For the past summer, d'Orient was my go to scent and M7 Fresh remained untouched. Enough said.

BTW, I just added M7 Fresh to my Sale/Swap list.
    Well, "M7 Fresh" is sorta their way of saying "watered down for summer/casual"
    Too bad it doesn't work for you; for me, it's just the right dose of the original M7. Opium d'Orient, last years version of that was nice, yet very short lived. The one this year was just - hm. Too close to the original. I own the regular Opium EdT and it's reserved for sub-zero-celsius days.

I guess I agree there's no real merit in M7 Fresh if you already like and wear M7. But for those that find M7 too evil, like I do, it's a nice version.

Post Thanks / Like

M7 is the original, and its the best of the M7's. I am not a big fan of dumbing down originals to gain mass acceptance. Those who think M7 is evil should try the Montale's ... they will certainly blow your nostrils out of the window when it comes to the agarwood.
    Last edited by zztopp; 14th September 2007 at 12:08 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    M7 is the original, and its the best of the M7's. I am not a big fan of dumbing down originals to gain mass acceptance. Those who think M7 is evil should try the Montale's ... they will certainly blow your nostrils out of the window when it comes to the agarwood.
    Well then that's certainly something I don't want to try

Agreed. I like M7, but the Fresh version just smells weird, and not in a good way.