Code of Conduct

Default Similar Alternatives to Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio

Hey everyone

Can anybody suggest some cheaper alternatives to Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio please? I'm relatively new to colognes and whilst I have read good things about Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio I don't want to spend that much on a bottle about ($100 on ebay) of it just yet in case I don't like it. Plus, I also read that alot of men wear it, so I want something a little more exclusive.

I have been doing some research and some fragrances from Davidoff or Calvin Klein are apparently similar around the $50 mark but I think I need some assistance please? In case you are wondering, I am looking for a good summer cologne that is fresh but not too sweet that it borders on something a girl could wear.

Thanks
    Last edited by Memphis35; 14th September 2007 at 10:56 AM.

Default Re: Similar Alternatives to Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I've just been getting started looking at stuff too and so far I really like what the following sites have for prices (as opposed to ebay...where you don't even know for sure if you're getting the legitimate product) and for convenience. You can also order smaller sizes and samplers instead of buying the huge bottles. These sites were found in other posts in this forum.
    perfumebay .com
    bigdiscount.com
    Last edited by thejerk; 14th September 2007 at 01:51 PM.

I have to say, I never paid that much for ADG and I bought it when it first came out. It should be much cheaper, you can buy it at drugstores here in the US for under $30 dollars. If the sending alcohol overseas restriction is not valid anymore, then you might want to look into getting the bottle online. But, if exclusive is what you want and fresh is what you want then you can never go wrong with Mugler's cologne, Chrome, Clinique Happy, Allure Sport (by Chanel), CK1 (even though it's unisex), Inis (an Irish cologne similar to ADG), Issey Miyake, 1805 (an older brother to ADG), and lot's more. You can pretty much more in old threads like the one Mattybumpkin posted.
    Last edited by silk4ever; 14th September 2007 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silk4ever View Post
    I have to say, I never paid that much for ADG and I bought it when it first came out. It should be much cheaper, you can buy it at drugstores here in the US for under $30 dollars.
    yeah but here in australia perfumes by armani are pretty expensive. agree with ck1 though

good luck finding the right fragrance!

jill

I would go for Aqva de Bvlgari Pour Homme if I was you, imo it's a better fragrance than ADG.

Halston Catalyst is a great substitute for ADG.
    However finding it in australia is an uphill task like it has been for me.

On ebay Halston Catalyst sells for less than 20AUD but its another 20AUD (from the US) for the shipping that holds me back.

gupts

Appreciate the suggestions. I think I am going to go with either Halston Unbound or Givenchy Blue Label. Reading through the reviews in the Directory they seem to be good choices for reasonable money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis35 View Post
    Appreciate the suggestions. I think I am going to go with either Halston Unbound or Givenchy Blue Label. Reading through the reviews in the Directory they seem to be good choices for reasonable money.

Thanks
    Memphis,

I own a bottle of Unbound by Halston and wear it once in a while........it IS just about a carbon copy of AdG. I have seen it here in the States in closeout stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls selling for around 20 USD plus tax. If you can find this close to you, get it.....I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Also, silk4ever made some great suggestions.......try any of those when you have a chance!

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I got a 3.4oz (100ml) bottle of Halston Unbound from the USA to Australia for $34 delivered so it is fantastic value. I have been wearing it everyday to work and on the weekends. Smells great!
    Last edited by Memphis35; 13th October 2007 at 09:30 AM.

Bvlgari Aqva is my favorite. I love it. Also have Chanel Allure Homme Sport which smells similar, but maybe more powdery I guess. Slightly different. The chanel is good, strong, long lasting, but I don't know if I'll buy it again since its too similar. Aqva is cheaper and more unique.

Penhaligons-Quercus.. QUALITY!!!!

This is fairly expensive though!!
    Last edited by deck89; 17th October 2007 at 05:56 PM.

Quercus is good, and its a safe blind buy, but it smells very similar to CK One, which can be had for much cheaper.

Have you tried Unforgivable yet? I'll bet you'll like it.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

360 Red by Perry Ellis is more or less a clone of Acqua Di Gio. A lot cheaper as well...

Cool Re: Similar Alternatives to Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio

Just dicover today Mare by Creative Universe and It has a distinctive resamble with ADG.
    I heard too ( wouldn't be eble to sample it) that Just me by Paris Hilton is a nice clon of Aqua di Gió.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

For a cheap alternative, get Halston Unbound. For an expensive alternative, try Bond No.9 Wall Street.

I recently smelled David Beckham EdC at a drug store. It smelled very much like AdG.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

You can try Bellagio