Code of Conduct

Default Don't Try This At Home: Axe Bombs!

Well, I was talking with a friend in my old hometown a few minutes ago. She went to Purdue University for a few years, and she remembered this frat house story.

Before someone they didn't like came into a room in the frat house, the guys made an "Axe Bomb". Making one was simple:
    1. Buy a can of Axe (any scent).
    2. Shake it up.
    3. Throw it against a hard surface, making the Axe can explode in the process.
    The end product? The whole room smelled like the Unilever factory that makes Axe for weeks, if not months. Talk about an "Axe Effect" they would never forget!

But still, don't try this at home. I wouldn't even suggest using it on your worst enemy that uses a scent you absolutely deplore. The results can be really stinky (and could cause damage).
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Don't Try This At Home: Axe Bombs!

kinda hard to believe as those cans are made weak in one spot on purpose so they blow out of one tiny place incase they overheat (a safety measure so they dont send shrapnel flying everywhere). not to mention if all it took was a shake and a throw against a wall for an axe can to explode it would be pretty dangers and someone would have sued them by now (they may have mistakenly dropped an axe can that had been sitting in a sunny window on the ground or something). I don't have a can to experiment here with but... for now I doubt it. maybe ill go buy one tommorow and throw it down the stairs of my uni residence.

As far as I know Axe is based on alcohol. If the windows and doors are open for a few hours this should be a subtle room scent.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 16th September 2007 at 08:35 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I remember a friend of mine showed up to a party my roommates and I were hosting with a large black trashbag filled with mini sprays of Axe Phoenix. He worked at some record store and they gave them to hand out as samples, but apparently nobody wanted them. We sat out on the porch with lighters and made mini flame-throwers out of them. It was fun and proves that Axe is good for something... even if that something is sating some pyromaniacal desires.

My brother-in-law is works for the bottling company in Mass that does TAG and those cans are super strong - they even give the dents away for free to employees. Any kind of spray can needs to be super strong for it lets go - it can be a shrapnel bomb!

[jumps up from computer to go buy several bottles of Axe]
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

On a related note,

Have you ever put a compact disc in the microwave?...Use a blank one or something that got ruined, because it totally makes it unusable.

Put it in for 3 seconds and watch closely! A little zap of electricity shatters the inner metal lining, and it looks really cool.

Here's another, slightly more dangerous one:
    If you put a regular light bulb in the microwave (even one that is burned out), it will light up and change all different colors! This looks really cool, but I can't guarantee it wont screw up your micro. I've done it several times and mine still works fine. And watch out! When you take it out, it will be very hot! Use 5 second bursts to see the light show!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Anyone ever put a Peep (the marshmallow bird Easter treats) in a microwave? They turn into Godzilla Peeps.

Oh, and if you think Axe flamethrowers are fun, try it with a carb and choke cleaner, or any other engine degreaser/cleaner. 8 foot pillar of flame.

Also, try burning a Titleist golf ball. After you burn through the hard outer shell, there's this layer that looks like a tightly wound rubberband ball. When the fire hits this, it's MAYHEM. I recommend that everyone try it asap. This ONLY works with Titleist. Trust me, I did experiments.

Yeah, when I was little, I was a bit of a pyro.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 16th September 2007 at 08:26 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

It seems plausible to me, but I think a 20 gauge would be more effective, no shaking, no throwing.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Sounds bad ... but is it worse than a dutch oven ?
    -

Every year when my friends and I go up north for our canoeing trip, we will shoot cans of aquanet and barbasol with a 12 gauge shot gun. I don't need to tell you what happens.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Peeps in the microwave -- oh yes. The pink rabbits are best - they get 5 inches tall and kind of threatening-looking after the body swells up and engulfs the hard little brown eyes.