Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone ever told you that you smell like this?

I stopped by my parents house after doing some shopping today. Of course I stopped by a few of the fragrance counters and tried out a few things. Somehow I ended up taking home POLO explorer and being dissapointed in Tom Ford for men. Go figue. Now my parents are a little older, but my mother says to me right off "You smell like a french whore". I didn't realize that french whores had a particular smell as oppossed to say american ones. Anyhow I had a good laugh and asked her if she had ever had a french whore to compare my odor to.
    Last edited by Raist679; 16th September 2007 at 01:08 AM.

Default Re: Has anyone ever told you that you smell like this?

I've heard the expression before, and I also think its lame.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I have told myself that i smell like a french whore, but others haven't told me anything like that , maybe they're scared...

I've smelled French whores and they actually smell pretty bad.
    You are not your perfume.

Thrax

I am a french whore...

Never!

And I hate the expression....when I read it on the websites I am always tempted to say "you should know" to the writer. It usually means a perfume the speaker does not care for. Lame, indeed.

One member here told the story that he had that expression directed at him and retorted: "I'm not French!"
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Whenever I go home to visit my parents and I'm wearing fragrance, my dad always jokingly says "you smell like a French whore house".

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    One member here told the story that he had that expression directed at him and retorted: "I'm not French!"
    LOL- that was quick!
    The expression is also known where I live but never used within hearing distance of the wearer, least your own...son! Paris has been the city of love and liberties for centuries, thankfully also during the Victorian era! There is a lot of wishful thinking hidden in the mockery about French lifestyles .
    Last edited by narcus; 16th September 2007 at 08:56 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Some people have this as their stock remark directed to whoever around them (usually male) is wearing a fragrance other than their own Eau de Faecale Matteure.
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

My mother is not a fragrance person. As a matter of fact she uses unscented detergent and deodorant. Something in certain scents plugs up her nose. She was probably half joking when she told me. However my father did tell me he thought something was burning also.
    Last edited by Raist679; 16th September 2007 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raist679 View Post
    My mother is not a fragrance person.
    The same applies to my mother. But when we are together -unfortunately it's too rare- and I put on my Bulgari PH she never fails to make the remark :'how good you smell!'
    She brought from Dublin my GIT and when I sprayed it immediately she didn't say a word...

My friend's mother was ironing his shirt and said that he and his clothing smells like a whore. Then she went on explaining that whores wear different frags every day, they don't have one particular smell. we had neat discussion about smells of some other people that day.

That is seriously so hot!
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

In German, a friend of mine once told me, the expression is "Du riechst wie ein siebstockiges Freudehaus." Literal teranslation: "You smell like a seven-storey whorehouse."
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Yes! Or ..'siebenstoeckiges Hurenhaus' - more common than the proverbial French whore. It's of Berlin origin, I believe, and from a time long gone. Then such houses were part of bourgois metropolitan life (Imperial days of 1870 - 1920). This expression, if accompanied by a grin, is mostly meant as a compliment among Metros & Company
    Last edited by narcus; 17th September 2007 at 03:34 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Years ago, i had an uncle that told me I smelled like a french whores matress, but that is just because I am French.

Well, back in my raging hormones teenage days the times I was going out literally drenched in screaming juices (who among us didn't have those days after all? lol) I heard this expression but referred to far more local whores than the french ones...lolol

French whore? Nope.

But I have been told that I smelled like a dryer sheet. Bounty to be exact. Not sure how they got that idea from TdH.

I suppose that's better than smelling like a whore in church.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)