Code of Conduct

Default Favorite Autumn Scents

As summer is coming to an end, please share your favorite autumn scents.

My favorites are CK Obsession and Chanel's Coco.

Default Re: Favorite Autumn Scents

Last year I wore a lot of Etro Sandalo and Patchouly, along with Tam Dao (do you spot a theme here?) - this year, I have become besotted with Musc Ravageur, which seems to work particularly well in this weather/temperature. Jicky's normally an autumn favourite too.

My favorite to wear on a beautiful, crisp Autumn day Is Bois des Iles. I also love Coco when it gets a little cooler.

Clinique's Aromatics Elixir smells like sweet fall leaves mixed with soft roses on me.
    Perfect for fall.

Yay! Now I know what I want to wear tomorrow!

By by D&G
    Patou Forever

My favs for the cold months are.......

Prada..Amber, Black Orchid, Angel, Magical Moon, Omnia, Crystal Noir, and I'll add Delicious Night to this in October.

Hoping I will be able to find my beloved 7 notes. I loooove to wear that in the winter. I also will bring back my Dolce Vita and Organza Indecence. The fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the cold.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Oo - that's interesting. For me, Black Orchid is a summer-only perfume. I've a suspicion that this is totally personal to me: when I was a kid we lived in Malaysia for a while, so the indolic fruit thing is uniquely reminiscent of luscious damp heat to me. I find it quite uncomfortable to smell in the cold; it feels like an over-refrigerated mango - sort of metallic and full of unfulfilled potential.

Blog Entries

I love layering Bvlgari Black and Goth Rosary Samhain during the fall! It's simply perfect. Burberry Brit for men is another fall favorite of mine, as is Gaultier2.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    Oo - that's interesting. For me, Black Orchid is a summer-only perfume. I've a suspicion that this is totally personal to me: when I was a kid we lived in Malaysia for a while, so the indolic fruit thing is uniquely reminiscent of luscious damp heat to me. I find it quite uncomfortable to smell in the cold; it feels like an over-refrigerated mango - sort of metallic and full of unfulfilled potential.

That's funny because I don't like to wear it in the summer. I wore it one hot day and just wanted to take a shower, but I was already running late. I love it in the winter though. I love to smell it with the cold crisp air. It makes me feel warm.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    My favorites are CK Obsession and Chanel's Coco.
    Agree on those two, would also mention Guerlain Mitsouko, SL Cuir Mauresque, Un Bois Sépia, Fumerie Turque and Douce Amère, and Bulgari Omnia.

And Dinner by Bobo!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 17th September 2007 at 03:37 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit, Habanita, and now certainly my AL incense based scents. Also like Femme and Bal a Versailles in the fall.

i have looked forward all summer to returning to my Bond West Side. I am also looking forward to wearing my Hermes Elixir des Merveilles. My new one is Saks Dna.

My fall lineup this year is:
    CK Sheer Obsession (my fall staple)
    Organza Indecence
    Mitsouko edt
    BBW body splashes in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Sensual Amber (these splashes are especially good for work)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

As I have only one Autumn as a fragrance user under my belt, what I think will work very nicely on me so far are:

Tea For Two
    Versace Dreamer (very lightly applied)
    Tabac Original
    Opium pour Homme
    Bois du Portugal
    Geir
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to predict for autumn.
    The turnover for the past three weeks has been surprising. After a summer virtually dedicated to one fragrance, I spent a week loving Boucheron Femme, then a week loving Black Vetyver Cafe, and recently a week loving Miss Balmain.
    Who knows what will happen next--and isn't that just the fun of it?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Funnily enough, I just recently started craving L'Heure Bleu.
    The weather here hasn't turned enough to be wearing sweaters yet, but I'm looking forward to bringing out my Vol de Nuit and Narcisse Noir in a month or so.
    Right now, with the weather still balmy I'm feeling it's time to put away my tropical things and embrace heliotropes. I already wore Philosophy Pure Grace this week and maybe tomorrow it will be L'Eau d'Hiver. Or more likely L'Heure again...
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

When the leaves start to fall I pull out my Feminite du Bois and my
    Yves Rocher Cocoon. I also love Mauboussin in the Autumn for it's
    warm, rich qualities. Le Baiser du Dragon is another favourite.

Off-Scenter

A couple that the ladies might enjoy wearing, too:

Musc Ravageur
    Mandarine-Mandarin

Basenotes Institution

I second the Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes.

Another that I will not wear, unless it starts to cool down is Lou Lou by Cacherel.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Agree on those two, would also mention Guerlain Mitsouko, SL Cuir Mauresque, Un Bois Sépia, Fumerie Turque and Douce Amère, and Bulgari Omnia.

And Dinner by Bobo!
    Agree with Mitsouko for Autumn. I also like Dior Addict... actually a lot of Diors are good in the Autumn!

Plus Mentafollia, Shalimar, L'Instant and Kenzo Amour.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I adored my Ava Luxes - Madame X, Loves True Bluish Light, Carnet del Bar, Ambra Tibet and Ambre Antique.
    Others were Chanel Coromandel, Montale Sweet Oriental Dream and Caron Parfum Sacre.
    Last edited by Gumoosh; 27th September 2007 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Agree with Mitsouko for Autumn. I also like Dior Addict... actually a lot of Diors are good in the Autumn!
    I'm with Kotori - Dior Addict and Hypnotic Poison are Autumn staples for me.

Now that I have just started experimenting with fragrance, I have a feeling that CdG Avignon and the Ava Luxe incenses will become part of the regular cold weather rotation.

Tough to think about now when the weather is still 90 degrees

Ohhh this is so exciting! I absolutely adore autumn and just reading all your replies makes me feel like I'm finally coming to life again !!!!

Yes, yes!! to all the love of: Guerlain Mitsouko, SL: Fumerie Turque, Douce
    Amère but also Santal Blanc and Chergui, Bulgari Omnia but also
    Bulgari Black, ahhh and Tea For Two - I love it so much! yes, to Le Baiser du Dragon, and especially to Musc Ravageur...

My others favorites I didn't see listed are:

White Aoud, Aimez-Moi, Brulure de Rose, Safran Troublant, My Queen, Miel de Bois, Borneo 1834, Cèdre, Prada, Impérial Opoponax, Black Cashmere, Samsara, Gaultier², Voleur de Roses, Le Lys Angel, Flowerbomb
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 27th September 2007 at 02:22 PM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Autumn is my favourite time of year I think I love the smells,the colours and the atmosphere when it goes from midnightsun and "daylight"24hours and suddenly it gets darker and cooler This time of year I find extremely romantic.My autumn favourites are many but must mention Mitsouko,Nu edp and other incence scents , Feminite du bois+spicy scents like Chergui.

So far this autumn it's been:

Patou Sira des Indes
    Chanel Bois de Iles
    Yves Rocher Cocoon
    Patou EnJoy
    Yves Rocher Rose Absolute
    Prada
    Irma Shorell Venezia
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
    Patou Sublime
    Chanel Chance

Chanel and Patou are two great "autumn houses" for me.

SHALIMAR!!!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I love autumn, and am so happy it's finally starting to get cold!
    Last year I was totally unimpressed by Feminite du Bois and this fall I'm totally craving it.
    I'm thrilled to be wearing L'Heure Bleu, Cuir de Russie (Chanel), Daim Blond... a lot of the SL's.
    And though many people cite it as a summer frag, I adore Iris Silver Mist on a cloudy autumn day. It's like the lonesome serenity, and quiet cold of such a day are echoed perfectly in the perfume.
    Suddenly it makes perfect sense to spray on some Lolita Lempicka before going to bed, as well.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

This autumn I love most:

Shalimar
    Mazzolari - Patchouli
    Frapin 1270
    Bois des Illes
    Cristobal - Balenciaga
    Femme
    Habanita
    Narcisso Rodriguez

There is no Autumn here What I wouldn't give for the temp just to dip down into the 70's ( and I love hot, hot weather, but enough is enough).

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    There is no Autumn here What I wouldn't give for the temp just to dip down into the 70's ( and I love hot, hot weather, but enough is enough).
    Same here!! I just pretend it is autumn!

On the coast of sunny SC we don't experience Autumn (today will go to 89F-32C) until (usually) mid-November so I am still happily awash in warmer-weather frags - whatever that means. [Was perfectly happy in heavy duty Ambers over the weekend, for example....and I can see Ambre Russe - my new BFF - for year 'round. But maybe that's because I'm in the throes of a crush right now.])

Looking at what I've got I see 14 or 15 right away...the "cabos" (Cabochard - Cabotine) my figs (the one I've got and the ones I'm gonna get) the "Latins" (Habanita, Rumba, Cristobal) the "exotics" (Tabu Volupte, Byblos) the prima donnas (Bal a Versailles, Brit Red, Amarige)...never mind the gourmands and the guys' leathers and tobaccos....(Montana Pour Homme - Minotaure - Cuir Mauresque) . Oh boy oh boy!!!

"One day at a time".....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Shalimar by Guerlain, Patchouli Leaves by Ava Luxe, Kretek by Ava Luxe, Chergui by Serge Lutens
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th October 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]