Code of Conduct

Arrow Recent Blind Buys

Today I ordered blind:

Lagerfeld Photo
    Ungaro III

My earlier blind buys often ended in disappointment, but I think I'm getting a better sense of what I might love (or at least like very much). I recently purchased Kyoto blind (after some advice from my freinds on these boards), and I'm very impressed.

I know I shouldn't do it, but as a fellow Basenoter mentioned in a recent thread, I think it's about the rush, the anticipation of what might be an inspired buy.

I'm into rich, deep, boozy frags at the moment. Lubin's Idole is next on my 'to buy' list, Sequoia and Kyoto are faves of mine, and I'm partial to a bit of no.88 and Voleur de Roses, so I think I might enjoy Ungaro III.

Chris
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

Default Re: Recent Blind Buys

After earlier reccomendations I'm thinking of buying Noir Epices blind. For the price I hope it will not be a disaster. It seems to be the type of scent that I'm looking for and I have wanted to own a malle for a while.

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille - huge succes. I'm getting pretty good at knowing what I can expect from the descriptions...

I was close to buying Noir Epices - it's a fantastic fragrance, but I recently discovered Idole, which is similar, and just that little bit better IMO, so I think I'll go with that. Love that opening rum burst.
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

Noir Epices is a personal favorite, yes -- luscious, dark, sophisticated stuff, that -- but not really a very prudent blind buy unless you're talking about decants. It's just too out of the ordinary for many folks, and, at $180.00 a bottle plus shipping, that kind of blind buy can really piss some folks off. (At least get a sample of NE before buying.)

Go for my recent favorite blind buy -- WOW -- the ridiculously cheap, stupidly discontinued, utterly wonderful, woefully underappreciated Witness by Bogart! (Cinnamon and patchouli -- YUMMMMM!)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 17th September 2007 at 01:54 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post

Go for my recent favorite blind buy -- WOW -- the ridiculously cheap, stupidly discontinued, utterly wonderful, woefully underappreciated Witness by Bogart! (Cinnamon and patchouli -- YUMMMMM!)
    Yes this is indeed a fantastic perfume though this isnt talked about a lot on the board. I did stock up 2 bottle a few months ago.

Any cinnamon scent lover just can't ignore this.

gupts

Ungaro III is indeed rich and boozy. I bet you like it a lot.

My most recent blind buy was Salvador Dali for men. Should be quite an adventure that one....

Thumbs up Re: Recent Blind Buys

Recent blind buy for me was Tumulte and I'm loving it!

Basenotes Institution

Baime by MPG. Very happy with this. The definition of the word 'aromatic', for sure. Basil never smelled so good.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Noir Epices is a personal favorite, yes -- luscious, dark, sophisticated stuff, that -- but not really a very prudent blind buy unless you're talking about decants. It's just too out of the ordinary for many folks, and, at $180.00 a bottle plus shipping, that kind of blind buy can really piss some folks off. (At least get a sample of NE before buying.)

I am actually a little scared of dropping that much on a blind buy. I wish there was somewhere aound here that I could sample some of the Malle's. I am intrested in a new fall/winter scent. Noir Epices, Musc Ravageur, Vetiver Extrodinaire and Bigrade Concentree all sound appealing. Maybe I should just hold out, but I have my bonus from work burning a hole in my pocket.

Tumulte is fantastic! I also bought it blind and am so happy about it.

I recently bought Midnight for Men by Avon blind, it's incredibly similar to Tumulte, but slightly softer. The price is also much softer. I am so happy about it. However, for every blind buy I'm ecstatic about, there are four more sitting untouched in the closet.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Tom Ford for Men - The jury is still out on this one. I am finding it almost like a second skin kind of. More longevity than I first thought. Has a quiet, seductive buzz to it. Hmmm...I will take awhile to get to know this one.

I bought a very small bottle of Cartier's Basier du Dragon, EdP. I brought it with me on a weekend trip to San Francisco and I must say, we had a lovely weekend together. I'm on the fence as to whether I'll actually buy a another bottle.
    I'm finding blind buys work best w/miniatures and decants.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 17th September 2007 at 11:32 PM.

I just ordered Guerlain Vetiver Extreme today. I've heard that the Extreme version is a safe buy if you love the first Vetiver, so I decided to go for it.

It's been said many times before, and I'll say it again as it always bears repeating; the best part about this place is that a blind buy (even one like Noir Epices) doesn't go to waste. You can always find someone desperately looking for whatever it is you're trying to get rid of, and from there, it's just details!

great place

I just bought

Nicole Miller for men
    Tiffany edp for women
    Montale Black Aoud
    Montale Aoud Lime

All are blind purchases and none delivered yet.

Can't wait for the Montales.

gupts

Just ordered blind..

Pino Silvestre (Whoooops!!!!)
    Kouros Fraicheur (I like the original so i will just have to see!)

Blind ordered Montale's Black Oud

I was a bit disapointed with some of their normal perfumes, considering the price, but I never tried one of the Oud line. I like YSL's M7 , so I will give Montale another chance.

I hope I won't be disapointed.

gupts...did you get the montales from Switzerland? Paris? I read in another thread that someone is having a sale.

Deck,

I'm blind buying Pino Silvestre as well! We'll see...
    You are not your perfume.