Code of Conduct

Default Is Michael Kors for men discontinue?

Notice how it is very hard to find? Even on Ebay and the prices are rising too. The offical Kors website doesn't even list it. I wonder if Lauder phased it out like the did when they took over Donna Karen and ditched DK Fuel for Men....

If this is the case does anyone know of a replacement scent?

Default Re: Is Michael Kors for men discontinue?

God, I sure hope not. I don't think there'll ever be a replacement for this one. Good thing I just got a huge 4.2oz bottle for cheap a few months back. I love this stuff and I hope it never disappears.

I quite like it, but I knew It's retro vibe wouldn't let it be a success...
    It's a pitty.

Well, I wore this the other day and my first thought was "delicious"! However, at the end of the day I was kind of indifferent about it.

It's going on my swap list today.

I took delivery of a 75ml bottle last week. When it's gone it stays gone. Nice though it is.

It's disappeared from store shelves here, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's discontinued.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Michael Kors' long-rumored Island for Men comes out next spring... he's kept dropping hints for the past two and a half years, but no actual juice has come forth. Rumor has it that he didn't want to release another Acqua di Gio clone, and that's why the release date keeps slipping (and three Island flankers have been released in the meantime).
    Last edited by MFfan310; 17th September 2007 at 02:57 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I haven't seen it lately either, which is weird. I thought it was pretty popular actually. I used to smell it quite often, especially out at night. Personally, I can't stand it...I just didn't think they'd discontinue it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Just sent off an email to their corporate office with that very question.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Just sent off an email to their corporate office with that very question.
    Please do share their response, should you get one. The Filene's Basement up the street from me has 75ml for $35. I've only sampled Michael Kors for Men once, on a card, but loved it. May be worth a semi-blind buy if they have truely discontinued.

If axed, that would be too bad. It's one of the most best scents out there, and I would hold it up against any boutique frag.

I doubt it ... it seems like such a sure money maker, classy and masculine. I've seen it at Ulta and some other places recently. At the end of the day, unfortunately or fortunately, it's all about the money. For Michael Kors, fragrance licensing undoubtedly makes up a very large percentage of his annual income, so I'm sure he's in no rush to see one of his babies retired.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

The story I got from the Michael Kors store here in Boston is that the Michael Kors website is run by Neiman Marcus. So the absence of the frag on the website may be strictly a Neiman Marcus issue only. FWIW.
    Neal
    Last edited by neal; 20th September 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Michael for men is listed on Neiman Marcus website, it's on back order though.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...744cat10470747