Code of Conduct

Default hair style: out of bed

ok, my first thread here. i dont think we have this one yet.

i have dark, heavy, thick, straight hair (im half asian). and like most people with straight hair, id like it to be more messy, curly, chaotic, whatever. but of course, not in a "i never wash my hair" way, and not in a "my hair is frozen solid" way, but in a stylish loose "out of bed" way.

i tried different products, and "special fx out of bed modelling cream" by l'oreal seems to work best for me. however, i just boght "goth juice" from lush. lush products are supposed to be natural and therefore extra-good for your hair, right? ill let you know whether "goth juice" is any good.

do any of you guys have experience with "out of bed"-look? what products work for you? please share!

Default Re: hair style: out of bed

I use the same product, it works fine, but I do have curly hair so...

Hi there! (Hoi Noorderbuur )

I've been using Murray's Pomade for about a year now and I don't think I'm going to use anything else for the rest of my life!

I have Murray's Original and it really does everything I want.

Got2b super spking gel has a really strong hold.

Blog Entries

I'm a female, but I have short & spikey/messy hair. I use American Crew pomades, both the regular stuff & the fiber stuff. I love 'em so much. They have excellent hold but can easily be reworked. Like, if you're getting ready in a hurry & miss a spot but don't find out til later, you can easily wet your hands & rework the spot without messing up your entire look.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I use pure shea butter.

Dont use gunky products if you have medium-short hair like me. Use like a matt paste. Toni and Guy do a good one.

Murrays is great, and one tin will last you your entire natural life! I've had the same tin for almost four years now and I'm a little more than halfway through with it.
    Fructis' fiber gum isn't half bad.
    My hair is pretty darned short and i just mix some flat iron gel with got2b's freezing spray (it looks like a big yellow air horn) and use my palms and just rub my hair around a little until it starts to set.

Thumbs up Asian hair!

Quote Originally Posted by .rene View Post
    ok, my first thread here. i dont think we have this one yet.

i have dark, heavy, thick, straight hair (im half asian). and like most people with straight hair, id like it to be more messy, curly, chaotic, whatever. but of course, not in a "i never wash my hair" way, and not in a "my hair is frozen solid" way, but in a stylish loose "out of bed" way.

i tried different products, and "special fx out of bed modelling cream" by l'oreal seems to work best for me. however, i just boght "goth juice" from lush. lush products are supposed to be natural and therefore extra-good for your hair, right? ill let you know whether "goth juice" is any good.

do any of you guys have experience with "out of bed"-look? what products work for you? please share!
    DUDE!
    Thanks for posting this. I am half asian, too. My hair is so super shiny and straight (currently leave it long to shoulder) that a girl in my class keeps asking me " where did you get your hair straightened"! You know it is just natural. Let me know when you your hair fixed and how !

American Crew Fiber
    TIGI Bed Head Manipulator
    Bumble and Bumble Sumotech

are all products that worked for me. They have good hold but don't create helmet hair. all wash out easily in the shower.

Take a shower at night and clean your hair....dry it to the point where it's just a tad bit wet. Got to bed and fall asleep and then wake up in the morning and don't do anything to your hair..and viola..there you go.

pics pls

Try spray wax by Paul Mitchell. Its freakin awsome. Be careful. Seems upon first 5 seconds that you don't have much of an effect. Then 5 seconds after that you've got yourself some MAJOR moldable action going on. And the stuff lasts......you won't have stiff hair...but the mold/shaping will last. Becareful like I said ...you could have a butter effect if not.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

i'm asian and you trust me on one thing: there's no way you can get wavy hair just like *that*. asian hair is shaped differently than caucasian hair, so a lot of those products which promise some "wave" won't really work.

an easy solution though is getting a light perm. as long as the perm is nothing extreme, you can still go through the hair with a straightening iron and have straight hair til the next hairwash.

to get a good out of bed look (at least for me...)

i use a volumizing serum before bed on wet hair. turn my head upside down, blowdry it, and you will end up with upstanding hair. don't worry, most of the volume will get our by the time you wake up. if the hair is too much of a mess the next morning, either wear a hoodie for 10-15 minutes (no hats though. a relatively loose hoodie is all it takes) or spray some water into your hair so it'll get more moldable. better not to use your hands, just use a blowdrier to mold the hair.

hope this helps!

I like Dirt by johnathon. It's the only thing in his line that I've used... it has good hold for blow drying if it's longer and you want it to be shiny and smooth. My hair is short and I usually like it kinda natural-messy looking and it works for that. Sometimes I want it smooth and slick, and it works for that too...just have to use more of it since my hair (as I mentioned) is pretty short.

I second pomade; works much better than gel. Murray's has a great reputation and long history.

gariner xxl volume spray + any pomade thats for what your asking should work. first use the spray then blow dry it, then use whatever product you use. theres always gel/wax/glue but almost any of those will make it stiff. asians have very thin and straight hair so i dont think it would look right on you....

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    asians have very thin and straight hair
    That's one huge generalisation there. Can't just make a generalisation like that about a whole continent. Often in SE Asia and India hair is curly and thicker.

Dependent

I wished i had stiffer sliglty wavy hair. Im asian of chinese and filipino decent. My hair is too str8 i cant get it to stay in place regardless how much clay+spray+gel. so i decided to let it grow and its over my shoulders now, its so much easier to just tie my hair back. tho typically where im from guys dont really keep long hair. i havent had mine cut in 2.5 years str8.... my old lady's aways nagging about it..

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    American Crew Fiber
    TIGI Bed Head Manipulator
    Bumble and Bumble Sumotech

are all products that worked for me. They have good hold but don't create helmet hair. all wash out easily in the shower.
    i 2nd TIGI.... i used TIGI prodcuts for styling when i had much shorter hair, it washes off easily unlike alot of under hair clays....

my hair does that bed-head thing by just getting out of bed.

I found that pure shea butter works well as a hair dressing and a great leave in conditioner