Code of Conduct

Default Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime and Uncharted?

Anybody have any experience with these? I think they may be relatively new, as I do not see them in the directory. I contacted them via e-mail to see if they send out samples and they do not.

Default Re: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime and Uncharted?

I own West Indian Lime. I get alot of Juniper, Coriander, Nutmeg and Sandalwood. The lime is not a major factor in this one to my nose. I like it though. Has a very masculine sense to it and average longevity. I tried Uncharted and found it to be too sweet and mainstream for me. West Indian Lime is interesting though.

West Indian Lime sounds very interesting. I always liked their Sienna--in general the house doesn't get much attention here....

West Indian Lime seemed to me to be a carbon copy of YSL Live Jazz. Very little if any lime note in it.
    ..."net", not "naut".

West Indian Lime is as well made, masculine, and gentlemanly as C&E's previous offerings, as you would expect. As mentioned already, the lime is not strong - if you are expecting something similar to Trumpers, Taylors, or T&H, don't look to the C&E, they take a different approach. In the end, the wood and spice notes are more prominent than the citrus. Regardless, very well done. By the way, I don't notice any appreciable difference in longevity/sillage of this EDC compared to the Sienna/Sandalwood/Nomad EDT's. I have used the EDC and shower gel often since purchasing them the week they came out.

Uncharted is a different story...while very pleasant, it is very generic...honestly, the first comparison that came to mind was Very Sexy 2 from Victoria's Secret -vaguely fresh and aquatic and clean but undistinguished. Probably well made considering C&E's generally high level of quality, but certainly not what I am seeking from them. Pass.
    Last edited by CM Wolff; 17th September 2007 at 11:52 PM.

I don't know why these 2 went under the radar for me... thanks to everyone for their input, i will most definitely try them both (crossing fingers).