Code of Conduct

Default Ladies help!!! Have I been sold a fake Lolita Lempicka???

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the weird and random post, but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I bought a 100ml bottle of Lolita Lempicka EDP off ebay a while ago, and it arrived broken; the gold foil on the lid was peeling off and the perfume wouldn't even spray.

I bought a second bottle a week later from a different seller, and it's arrived and is in perfect working order, but when I look at both perfumes and the boxes they came in, they're different.

I'm worried that one of them might be fake, and I was hoping any gals out there who own LL could help me by taking a look at these pictures and tell me which bottle and box looks like theirs.

Here's the two bottles together (lets call them LL1 & LL2 - LL1 on the left is the broken one and the glass bottle is a lighter color):

Here's the boxes together (LL1 looks slightly more yellow than LL2 which is more lime-colored):

Here's a pic of the bottom of the boxes, LL1 has the Parfums Lolita Lempicka emblem and LL2 has the Pacific Creation emblem:

So what's going on here? Have I been sold a fake (which one)?
    Thanks for your help everyone (and for listening to me stress/whinge etc) !!!
    Last edited by lv_obsessed; 18th September 2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Default Re: Ladies help!!! Have I been sold a fake Lolita Lempicka???

Cool! in France my friends wake up now!
    Somebody has Lolita. I ask quickly!
    Can you wait, please?
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Quote Originally Posted by nyneve View Post
    Cool! in France my friends wake up now!
    Somebody has Lolita. I ask quickly!
    Can you wait, please?
    No problemo! Thank you nyneve!

lv oooh no!!! LL2 looks like the real thing, but LL1 is definitely suspect. I have always bought the EDP and it looks purple like the 2nd one. I know there is a lighter version, but I have never seen it before. I'm not sure about the box though. I hardly ever pay attention to the box because I usually get mine from Nordstrom. I got my last bottle from fragrance.net though and it smelled just like my bottles from Nords. I was afraid that it would be old, but it was alright. I have been wearing Lolita for a long time. I love it!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

You can read here the french topic about your problem

http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/in...p?topic=123848

Quote Originally Posted by nyneve View Post
    You can read here the french topic about your problem

http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/in...p?topic=123848
    Thanks so much nyneve!

Alors it's unanimous: so far the one on the right looks real, and the one on the left is pale and dodgy? Grrr.....so mad right now.....AND the seller will not refund me, they keep saying they can only send me another (fake) one!

In europe, especially in France there are very strict laws vs fake producers.
    You can write to LL site

FAKE BOTTLE ON THE LEFT
    Last edited by nyneve; 18th September 2007 at 07:08 AM.

Lauren, did you pay using PAYPAL?
    If so, put in a claim through them.
    Doesn't stuff like that just make your blood boil???!!!!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Quote Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
    Lauren, did you pay using PAYPAL?

If so, put in a claim through them.

Doesn't stuff like that just make your blood boil???!!!!

Yep I sure did, and I just put in a paypal claim, so hopefully I'll get my money back (although I'm sure the seller will leave me negative feedback ) argghhh it's just so frustrating!!!

Thanks for all the advice and help everyone, I'll be sure to let you know the outcome!!!

If that b@stard leaves you negative feedback, you leave negative feedback right back! Also, google the paypal email, and report them on every selling site you can find them connected with (eBay, etc) and have them banned.

(... I'm not vindictive...)

What about both juices - you didn´t mention it. Are they same or different? This should be the most important proof, shouldn´t it?

It is a fake, and I hope you will get the money back by a claim (I did!)

I have a lot experience on Ebay - I always look at the seller's other items before I buy - of course the feedback to, but most of the customers put a positive feedback before they actually know the bottle is fake.

The bottles are almost always 100 ml, the best selling scents of course
    Like:
    Coco, Chanel no 5, COCO MADEMOISELLE, Gucci Envy me, ALLURE SENSUELLE, CHANCE, Jean Paul Gaultier, CODE BY GIORGIO ARMANI, CODE BY GIORGIO ARMANI, Be Delicious, LACOSTE ESSENTIAL, CALVIN KLEIN EUPHORIA, Lacoste Cool Play, FAHRENHEIT, OBSESSION 4 MEN, POLO BLUE Etc Etc

They almost never sell anything else than the 100 ml bottles ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    What about both juices - you didn´t mention it. Are they same or different? This should be the most important proof, shouldn´t it?
    The dodgy looking bottle doesn't spray so I can't tell .

lv_obsessed I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say that I feel badly for you having to go through this!! It's horrible when you are so excited and looking forward to receiving your new fragrance (if you're anything like me it's pretty much all you can think about!) only to find that it is a dud - and then having to go through the painful process of eBay feedback and paypal claims! I hope it makes you feel better that many of us have been through this, and at least now you will be supervigilant when buying from unfamiliar sellers! Good luck with the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat View Post
    lv_obsessed I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say that I feel badly for you having to go through this!! It's horrible when you are so excited and looking forward to receiving your new fragrance (if you're anything like me it's pretty much all you can think about!) only to find that it is a dud - and then having to go through the painful process of eBay feedback and paypal claims! I hope it makes you feel better that many of us have been through this, and at least now you will be supervigilant when buying from unfamiliar sellers! Good luck with the whole thing.
    Awww thanks ozkat!!! Good news everyone, I got my refund this morning due to the item being damaged and unusable, but paypal doesn't want to know about my suspicions that it's counterfeit. I think I'll write to ebay AND Lolita Lempicka and tell them of my suspicions.....

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

The other possibility is that the suspect one is old and got cooked (REALLY COOKED) on somebody's window during a heat wave. That would explain the color change, peeling paint, malfunctioning bottle. Otherwise, looks fake. You could mail it to the company that sells LL and they would know for sure.

Hi lv_obsessed

When I read this I had to search and found my box, I fault my boxes till bottle is empty and put them in a bag on the attick.

LL2 with the Pacific Creation emblem is the rightone, mine is the same, I have a 50ml bought in perfumerie store in my town this spring.
    Look at the incraved in the green number on the box bottom, it must match the number under the bottle.

Hope this is of any help too.

Greetings ydee

Pacific Creation is a real firm and the address (Rue Carolie, Paris) is correct, and it is Lolita Lempicka; try googling "Pacific Creation Parfums/Lolita Lempicka", you usually find it in this form.
    I think it is possible it is not a fake; the box might be different some time ago, or in another country? (but I have a mini bought in Hongkong and it has the Lolita Lempicka logo) And the bottle might be cooked, like Elf said. But it is very suspicious and the only way to be sure is to ask LL. Please let us know, if they answer you

I think the left one looks fake. My lolitas always come purple, not grayish. Is there an expiration/manufacture date that may explain the difference?