Code of Conduct

Thread: Vulva

Basenotes Institution

Default Vulva

A German company, Vivaeros, is currently marketing a fragrance for men called Vulva. I kid you not. Link here (caution - not safe for work, 18 yrs and older please): http://www.smellmeand.com

Is it just me, or do you think they totally stole the marketing ad (bottle between the models legs) from Tom Ford for Men? If I was Tom I'd be pissed!

Wink Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Is it just me, or do you think they totally stole the marketing ad (bottle between the models legs) from Tom Ford for Men? If I was Tom I'd be pissed!
    I think it's the other way around. Someone spilled some Sécrétions Magnifiques on Vulva and it gave birth to Tom Ford for Men.
    From the site: "Vulva is not a perfume. It is a beguiling vaginal scent."

Default Re: Vulva

yuck, who wants to smell like vagina all day?
    --------------------------------------
    next up....

EAU d'ASS! YES, YOU TOO CAN SMELL LIKE ASS!
    Last edited by rentboy; 18th September 2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    The only answer to your question is: A Vagina!

Well, there went MY lunch. No, seriously, I can certainly see why a straight guy might wanna smell like a woman's crotch all day. Lord knows I love the smell of a man! I mean, why NOT be brutally frank about our pheromonal preferences? For example, it's that very "pee-pee" note so often discussed about Kouros that makes Kouros one of the sexiest fragrances EVER, imho.

Look at it another way -- we all know where true musk and civet come from (yuk!), and all of us admit that each adds indelibly beautiful elements to certain fragrances. Why be skittish or prudish about human elements, be they real or synthetic?
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 18th September 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Talking Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    --------------------------------------
    next up....

EAU d'ASS! YES, YOU TOO CAN SMELL LIKE ASS!
    ROTFL!

God only knows what they are putting in those glass vials. Have you heard about the website that sold used college girls knickers, in reality they were putting drops of tuna oil on the crotch of the knickers!!! It's true. Gross or what.

Hm, I think this is the third or so vulva discussion cycle. The concept has not grown on me.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by RuRu View Post
    ROTFL!

God only knows what they are putting in those glass vials. Have you heard about the website that sold used college girls knickers, in reality they were putting drops of tuna oil on the crotch of the knickers!!! It's true. Gross or what.
    I saw a program about that! The market was Japanese businessmen.

Now if they could just include a lovely, thick bush......I might be a buyer .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Well, there went MY lunch. No, seriously, I can certainly see why a straight guy might wanna smell like a woman's crotch all day. Lord knows I love the smell of a man! I mean, why NOT be brutally frank about our pheromonal preferences? For example, it's that very "pee-pee" note so often discussed about Kouros that makes Kouros one of the sexiest fragrances EVER, imho.

Look at it another way -- we all know where true musk and civet come from (yuk!), and all of us admit that each adds indelibly beautiful elements to certain fragrances. Why be skittish or prudish about human elements, be they real or synthetic?
    Ha ha! To paraphrase an ad for another product, with a name like Vulva, it's got to be good! This one has come up a couple times before.

I think my friend TV is onto something - it's very common to criticize perfumes for smelling like some bodily secretion, animal, etc., but I bet that in certain intimate situations, those same people would be just a little bit more accepting, and less critical of the same smells all of a sudden. Perfumers clearly understand this.

It just depends on whether or not the smell-source is providing other sensations that are consderably more compelling!

Yes, but what is really in the bottle? Hmmm?

emmm...

I'm actually insanely curious what notes are behind this and would love to know what it really smells like. I didn't see anything about notes on the website. This reeks conceptually of the book/movie "Perfume".

Talking Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento View Post

I think my friend TV is onto something - it's very common to criticize perfumes for smelling like some bodily secretion, animal, etc., but I bet that in certain intimate situations, those same people would be just a little bit more accepting, and less critical of the same smells all of a sudden. Perfumers clearly understand this.
    But don't forget once crucial thing...if a man smells like c**t who's he going to attract? It isn't going to be women.
    But of course if anybody watched the short movie they might remember that it is not actually a perfume. It's a sex toy! To be used when you're alone! lol

But don't forget once crucial thing...if a man smells like c**t who's he going to attract? It isn't going to be women.
    But of course if anybody watched the short movie they might remember that it is not actually a perfume. It's a sex toy! To be used when you're alone! lol
    RuRu,
    I'm shocked, shocked at such language! Where on earth did you learn to talk like that?

I like you already.
    D

I can't wait for Vulva Sport!
    You are not your perfume.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

..and I suppose Vulva Fraîcheur will be eagerly sought after? Or rather, can it be very far...ahem..behind?
    Last edited by kbe; 19th September 2007 at 03:06 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

O man...i don't believe this...Someone actually thinks there is a market for this? Only time will tell....

Either way, Vulva is going to be in the history books....if it fails...or if it succeeds...just in case...u know...u never know...

gupts

Did someone say that Vulva has a cherry top-note?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Anyone want to split a bottle with me?

Wink Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    I can't wait for Vulva Sport!
    To all:
    Vulva Extreme Sport Fraîcheur Eau de Toilet.
    Top notes: Cherry.
    Middle Notes: Salt accord.
    Base Notes: Sea accord, Poisson, Musc.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Did someone say that Vulva has a cherry top-note?
    That's only when you spray it for the first time. After that, it just goes through motions.

oddly enough, in college i took a sex psychology class and we discussed human and sexual scents and how some women try to cover up their natural scents using products, but in a test men were given a chance to smell a bunch of differnt things on a cotton swab and something like 4 out of 5 liked vagina smell better than rest. Cant blame em!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    oddly enough, in college i took a sex psychology class and we discussed human and sexual scents and how some women try to cover up their natural scents using products, but in a test men were given a chance to smell a bunch of differnt things on a cotton swab and something like 4 out of 5 liked vagina smell better than rest. Cant blame em!
    Where did they get the samples......
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Vulva is to be featured in the upcoming Sniffapalooza Fall Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

Yeah mate...i will...except that i will get to keep the lower half and you enjoy the top

gupts

Red face Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Yeah mate...i will...except that i will get to keep the lower half and you enjoy the top

gupts

I am sure that there is enough in the bottle for you to spread the love.

I'm disappointed by the bottle.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 19th September 2007 at 06:22 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

"...That's exactly why I bought my bottle of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom," admitted Indie Guy, sheepishly.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'll split it, but I don't want sloppy seconds!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

This is turning out to be a hairy thread..

and I wonder, are there are days when it just can't pull it's scent off and it just fakes it?
    Last edited by kbe; 19th September 2007 at 12:58 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Well, who wants to smell like that huh? I don't find it that strange really (but the marketing behind this is just bloody awful). Just take a look at what other fragrances out there which might remind you of similar things: Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublaï Khän, Alexander McQueen - Kingdom, Hermès - Eau d'Hermès, L'Artisan - L'Eau de Navigateur.

And let's not forget about the new house Etat Libre d'Orange, which names almost put the name Vulva to shame... Different approach gives a different reaction, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post

gupts
    I was thinking a little more vertically.

I'll just wait for Aqua Vulva to come out. Or Aqua Vulva musk.
    Last edited by knightowl; 19th September 2007 at 06:38 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Smile Re: Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    In the red-light district?
    Uh...no i wasnt talking about them doing these tests in my class, but in a labratory...like Kinsey did...these are actual proven studies, not something my wacky accreditted college was doing!

How many threads are we going to start about this stuff?

I can't stand not having novel scents, especially if they make claims like this. I also want to be the first BNer to own a scent called Vulva. Grant: make sure this stuff is in the directory, because I ordered a vial.

That's right, I did it.

I'll be sure to report back.

-b
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe