Code of Conduct

Wink I finally found Gucci Rush for Men

After months of searching the internet, tonight I've placed an order from discountperfumes4u.com. A classy name if there ever was one! If Rush is still in production then why is it so impossible to find? I hope I still like it after all these years! Can you imagine if I don't? Swap List BIG TIME.

Default Re: I finally found Gucci Rush for Men

it was a good stuff, I wonder why they've discontinue it ?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    After months of searching the internet, tonight I've placed an order from discountperfumes4u.com. A classy name if there ever was one! If Rush is still in production then why is it so impossible to find? I hope I still like it after all these years! Can you imagine if I don't? Swap List BIG TIME.
    Really? I found is super easy back in April (on Amazon.com) when I bought some as a gift for my boss (he only wears Gucci...).

Tom Ford got it right, in my opinion, with Rush for Men. I think it stands toe-to-toe with Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur (I sniffed them side-by-side one time) and I love the Macintosh inspired plastic bottle too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love the Macintosh inspired plastic bottle too.
    Wow, I never realized it, but you're right about the Mac design connection.

I've been wanting to try Rush for a long time, just have never seen it anywhere. Congrats & enjoy!
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Wow and it is on sale here at 50% off..too bad I don't like it...LOL

Fragrance On,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 20th September 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Rush is definitely in my top 5, at least with regard to wearable scents. It's not a complex fragrance by any means, but it puts me in a relaxed state - I feel like I'm walking through a cedar forest on a clear morning...
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Thanks Ruggles for the heads up on who was still selling. Had been searching a long time. Had been on the fence about this one and when I decided to make a purchase it was no where to be found.
    As for longevity on me I used two sprays and could detect it, very lightly of course, almost 24 hours later.
    I think I like the softness of this one more than the added spicyness of Visit which I bought in place of Rush last year.

Basenotes Institution

So, Ruggles, how are you liking the Rush?

Or has this been pushed to the back of your wardrobe by the Montales?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Just be careful with that bottle. Mine's a piece of crap. Over time, the glue that holds the metal panels on goes bad and the panels fall off. I even got some rust (RUST!) on my bottle around the nozzle.

Yepp the panels have fallen of mine as well...
    The fragrance however is brilliant. One of those that I know always will work whatever mood
    Im in. Subtle cedar, clean musk and incense, no nuclear sillage but very good staying power. Depressing its discontinued...

mmm

The Rush never happened. Discountperfumes4u.com never had it in stock, yet they took my paypal money and then danced around for 2 weeks before returning it. I had to open up a dispute with paypal in order to get my refund. I called their customer care number and the woman who answered said, "who are you looking for?" she then told me to call back tomorrow. Be warned!

Basenotes Institution

The Rush never happened. Discountperfumes4u.com never had it in stock, yet they took my paypal money and then danced around for 2 weeks before returning it. I had to open up a dispute with paypal in order to get my refund. I called their customer care number and the woman who answered said, "who are you looking for?" she then told me to call back tomorrow. Be warned!
    Yeah - the price threw me. The $24 is about 1/2 of what everybody else has it for (Amazon, etc..)...more like 'No Rush', not 'Rush'.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Yeah - the price threw me. The $24 is about 1/2 of what everybody else has it for (Amazon, etc..)...more like 'No Rush', not 'Rush'.
    LOVE the topnotes (which usually get all the hate). The drydown is mediocre on me though. It turns sour and plain.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    LOVE the topnotes (which usually get all the hate). The drydown is mediocre on me though. It turns sour and plain.
    Agree. The top notes are just as good, if not better, than Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Haha Mike, I didn't mean to quote you. My post had nothing to do with yours. But I'm glad you agree with me
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

That's odd because I got mine. Took a couple days longer than I expected but my tracking info said redirected. When I opened the shipping box the bottle was wrapped in celophane along with the sleeve its sold in. Couple pumps and the bottle sprayed a fine mist of fragrance. I have been wearing the past few days and it smells as I remember. Never ordered from them but thought it would be ok because a fellow basenoter had success. Not sure if I would take that chance now. I ran into a problems with Windaz, so heads up there. They charged my credit card then gave me the run around for a month on shipping. I had to contact the credit card company and have them reimburse me.
    Last edited by Titan; 18th October 2007 at 06:47 PM.

Agree. The top notes are just as good, if not better, than Passage D'Enfer by L'Artisan.
    D'Enfer smells like spillt milk with black pepper. Rush smells of incense, wood and charisma! Oh yeah, picked up a 100ml at Marshalls for $20 about a year ago. Should've bought the other one they had. That and Zino remain my best purchases there.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I also had the "sour" drydown, but only on the btls I bought from a discounter overseas. The original bottle I picked up at a local dept. store never deteriorated in the same way, and was quite pleasant all the way through.

I'd be a bit concerned about getting "fresh" stuff at this point, unless it is simply a matter of current production / distribution in countries outside of the U.S. But....I had to throw 2-3 btls away because of the sourness / acrid finish described above.

stumbled across a 1.7oz bottle of Rush on perfumebay.com. $60.00

I've never had an oz of trouble with pefumebay after at least 50 or more transactions.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    stumbled across a 1.7oz bottle of Rush on perfumebay.com. $60.00

I've never had an oz of trouble with pefumebay after at least 50 or more transactions.
    I got some for my boss on Amazon.com and it was even cheaper (I think $45) and didn't fall apart and didn't smell sour.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I got some for my boss on Amazon.com and it was even cheaper (I think $45) and didn't fall apart and didn't smell sour.
    Is Rush hard to find because the bottle is so convulted, that it may be difficult to produce it in quantity? Or is it because it was a commercial bomb?

Basenotes Institution

Is Rush hard to find because the bottle is so convulted, that it may be difficult to produce it in quantity? Or is it because it was a commercial bomb?
    I don't know - good question, though.

I'm thinking the latter...Gucci got much more success with Envy. And Rush for Women.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

$40 shipped from here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200708