Code of Conduct

Default All Hail Hirch_Duckfinder!

Just got a bottle of R de Capucci in a swap with Cognoscento; the bottle arrived yesterday.

Very masculine, very green, very crisp Eighties-esque frag here, friends! I place it in the same category as Cerruti's 1881, the original Burberry's for Men, Van Cleef & Arpels and other period "powerhouses."

Pity that one can only find it commonly in the 1 oz. spray size, and more's the pity that it was (idiotically) discontinued.

To quote H_D's famous refrain, "Wear R de Capucci!"

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: All Hail Hirch_Duckfinder!

Perhaps Hirch should change his BN name to Hirch_RCappucifinder?

Welcome to the R de Capucci Fanclub . And believe me, while this is an instantly likeable and comfortable perfume, you'll keep discovering new ingenuous aspects in its composition as you get to know it better.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I associate Shiseido's Basala with this one.

Haha, I knew before clicking that this thread was going to be about R de Capucci!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I agree! Hail, hail!! I picked up a bottle of RdC on his recommendation and it is all class.
    You are not your perfume.

I'll have to give it a re-test, my initial, previous thoughts were not favorable. If I recall, I smelled like a pencil.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I, too, bought "R" blind, based primarily on Hirch_Duckfinder and Good Life's recommendations. Like it a lot. Reminded me initially of Monsieur de Givenchy but as it develops it changes and deepens. Incidentally, according to the Basenotes directory, "R" has not been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Welcome to the R de Capucci Fanclub . And believe me, while this is an instantly likeable and comfortable perfume, you'll keep discovering new ingenuous aspects in its composition as you get to know it better.
    Agreed...the more I wear this one the more I appreciate it. Outstanding scent!!

It is hard to find. There are a couple e-tailers that sell it for $15 an ounce. I did manage to score a 100 or 120 ml bottle but ironically it ended up costing me considerably more per ounce than $15. The sprayers on the one ounce are pretty crummy but who cares - RdC Rocks!

Best regards,
    Mike

Dependent

Hail to Hirsch Duckfinder and a hearty hail to the Capucci's for their fabulous elixer.

And we all like cologne, especially the hard to get Guerlains in bee bottles at prices too low to be correct.

Hail!!!

For some reason I thought the_good_life was a woman. I see now that there is a male sign next to his name... WTF?

Oh yeah, I'm gonna have to try R someday... too bad everything that everyone else likes is discontinued...
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    For some reason I thought the_good_life was a woman. I see now that there is a male sign next to his name... WTF?

- Rich
    I'm very much in touch with my feminine side
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Yep, H_D was the one to introduce me to RdC as well .. all hail both RdC and H_D !
    -

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    I'll have to give it a re-test, my initial, previous thoughts were not favorable. If I recall, I smelled like a pencil.
    Yeah...but a #2 Dixon Ticonderoga! And what on Earth smells better than that?!?

I also owe the Duckfondler a huge WTG for his laudatory RdC signature, which inspired me to buy and use this wonderful scent. Thanks again Hirch!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I found R de Capucci like many of the others: through Hirch_Duckfinder.

My primary association is actually KL Homme (discontinued, original release 1986).

Red face Re: All Hail Hirch_Duckfinder!

Wow, cool. Glad you are all enjoying it. I'm going to wear it tomorrow, I've been distracted by other good stuff of late but its always good to go 'home' for a day.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Wow, cool. Glad you are all enjoying it. I'm going to wear it tomorrow, I've been distracted by other good stuff of late but its always good to go 'home' for a day.
    Yup, another 'hail!' to H_D! I also was turned on to it by him — hey, I hope he's being paid by Cappucci for all these sales he's generating.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Never tried RdC, but i'll hail Hirch_Duckfinder anyway .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Yup, another 'hail!' to H_D! I also was turned on to it by him — hey, I hope he's being paid by Cappucci for all these sales he's generating.
    I will purchasing my desert island soon with the proceeds.

I have no connection to capucci, unfortunately.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews