Code of Conduct

Default Just Bought Cuiron Blind

Based on all of the comments here, I bought Cuiron blind yesterday and all I can say is....Wow! Unlike any other leather frag--in fact unlike any other fragrance at all. This strikes me as a "bright" leather that has little to do with the birchy Russian Leathers and other leathers like Knize Ten, Peau d'Espagne, etc. Really unique. I haven't officially worn it yet (Heritage for me today) as I am gearing up for it--it seems like a fragrance that will get noticed. $29.00 for 1.6 oz., by the way, at Perfumes West in Los Angeles. Thanks, everyone, for the great comments.
    Last edited by Oviatt; 20th September 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: Just Bought Cuiron Blind

Great fragrance at a great price! I'm saving the last drops in the bottle I got when it was released. :toppie:

This is a great scent.One of my favourite leathers.Longevity is very good i just wish it projected a bit more.I think you will enjoy Cuiron.

At 29$ a bottle I would pick another up if I were you. This one is very hard to find these days.

One of the things I love about Cuiron is that sometimes when I smell it, it gives off a "new house" smell. Like when you walk into a house that is being built and is almost finished. It's an awesome real life smell, and sometimes I get a bit of that in Cuiron.

Wow, this just goes to show how different everyone is with regards to what they like and dislike. I bought this one quite cheaply when Sephora was having some sort of internet sale. I had read all the good words people had to say about it, but nothing prepared me for the scent that happened when in touched my skin. Imagine if a still living cow was skinned, set on fire, turned into a couch and then put through a ringer so that the very last iota of "cow juice" was extracted. Now let that age a couple days in the middle of a pig farm. My loathing of this fragrance truly knows no bounds. I smelled it on a guy a couple months later at the gym and asked what it was, since I seriously had to move to another part of the gym it was so sickening. When he mentioned Cuiron, I just looked at him with a knowing smile and said, "of course it is". Y-uck with a capital "Y".

Regs,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    One of the things I love about Cuiron is that sometimes when I smell it, it gives off a "new house" smell. Like when you walk into a house that is being built and is almost finished. It's an awesome real life smell, and sometimes I get a bit of that in Cuiron.
    That description's pretty spot on! However, its disappointing projection made me sell my bottle in the end. Even now, I have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Drying latex paint, sweat, cigarettes and a half eaten burrito? Yeah, that's about right.

j/k... it's a tamale, not a burrito.

Regs,
    Jeff

Cuiron is transcendental and life-altering. I mark my days pre-Cuiron and post-Cuiron! Now tell me where I can get more for $29????
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Congratulations Oviatt, you were very lucky to find it, and a great price, welcome to the Cuiron Club
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Quote Originally Posted by SliderJeff View Post
    Imagine if a still living cow was skinned, set on fire, turned into a couch and then put through a ringer so that the very last iota of "cow juice" was extracted. Now let that age a couple days in the middle of a pig farm.
    WOW!! Thats quite an intense visual right there. It can't be THAT bad.. lol

Intrigued,
    Teddy

I called right back and it turns out that I got the last bottle they had....

I could live with just Cuiron, Tabac Blond and Muscs Kublai Khan.

I wish they hadn't discontinued Cuiron.

I'd consider it a deal at twice that price these days. I love it but I rarely wear it for wear of using up my rare bottle.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I'd consider it a deal at twice that price these days. I love it but I rarely wear it for wear of using up my rare bottle.
    When I bought my bottle, I could have easily purchased another half a dozen bottles from the same ebay seller soon afterwards. And I would have if I wasn't so underwhelmed by it. That was over a year ago...