Code of Conduct

Default Do perfumers know when their product stinks?

I mean...these people have the job of making others "smell good" and sometimes some colognes and perfumes are horrid. It doesnt make sense to me that if they smelled it or the company execs smelled the product and it was shit thst they would still put it out...idk i was just thinking that if a formula is not inspiring or great...go back to the drawing board

Default Re: Do perfumers know when their product stinks?

True. I have to wonder about physical reactions, too -- many of which are purely involuntary but HAVE to be commonplace even among perfumers and their employees.

For example, I wonder how many migraines were produced during the production of A*men, Joop! and Le Mâle -- all three notorious as headache-inducing frags for millions.

I wonder, too, about many of the strong cedar and juniper frags, and how difficult they must be to produce given how many people worldwide suffer from varying states of allergic reaction to both conifers and their products.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 22nd September 2007 at 12:46 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I still think it's all a matter of taste. There are many different ways of smelling "good."

With regard to involuntary physical reactions to scents, as in the migraines mentioned, I think it's probably clear that they aren't had by everyone.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Smile Re: Do perfumers know when their product stinks?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    True. I have to wonder about physical reactions, too -- many of which are purely involuntary but HAVE to be commonplace even among perfumers and their employees.

For example, I wonder how many migraines were produced during the production of A*men, Joop! and Le Mâle -- all three notorious as headache-inducing frags for millions.
    Notorious it may be considered by millions - A*Men....

But am sure millions marvel at its creation...me included

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I still think it's all a matter of taste. There are many different ways of smelling "good."

With regard to involuntary physical reactions to scents, as in the migraines mentioned, I think it's probably clear that they aren't had by everyone.
    i agree to an extent, but bad is bad...i mean chemistry and personal taste account for a lot, but i have smelled some tings that just smell like absolute crap...ha ha but to each his own

Just as in everything else from Music to Movie to Food tastes...

Different strokes for different folks.

NO perfume would be released if there weren't at least a handful of people who thought it didn't stink.