Code of Conduct

Arrow Montale Patchouli Leaves?

I just got my Attar and Patchouli Leaves in the post from Montale.

The PL doesn't spray properly, just sort of fizzles small amounts out of the bottle. Also, it smells horrible! It's like rancid wet earth. Do you think that simply I just don't like the Patchouli Leaves, or is the faulty sprayer possibly connected, and its turned bad?
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

Default Re: Montale Patchouli Leaves?

Did you get this in the sale? From what I can remember, PL drydown roughly smelt like a cross between Piper Nigrum (minus the mint) and L'Air.
    Last edited by Trebor; 22nd September 2007 at 11:57 AM.

I'd ask for a replacement in any event because of the spray. The smell sounds like it might be what it's supposed to be. Have you smelled a lot of patchouli beforehand? It does get very dark and earthy to the point of smelling decayed, and, well, "macerated in an oak trunk for two years"... Maybe you'll get another extra bottle of something on complaining.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 22nd September 2007 at 12:00 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Yes I got it in the sale. The more I smell it, the more I'm convinced that its bad. It's really stagnant, I feel sick when I smell it, and the spray mechanism semms to be leaking ever so slightly. I'll have to return it I think.
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

Let's just hope it's a one-off. How's the Attar?

Quote Originally Posted by calexs View Post
    Yes I got it in the sale. The more I smell it, the more I'm convinced that its bad. It's really stagnant, I feel sick when I smell it, and the spray mechanism semms to be leaking ever so slightly. I'll have to return it I think.
    I think Montale needs to really work on its QC besides completely revamping its website. I mean with the kind of money that they charge for their stuff, the last thing we anticipate is a leaking sprayer.

Reducing prices doesnt mean you compromise on the quality or sell old stock thats perhaps spoiled.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that my bottles would be fine.

gupts

The Attar is wonderful, and the two bottles of Sandalsliver I recieved free are also in perfect condition. I wonder if there is a connection between the free bottles of Sandalsliver and the faulty, possibly old bottle of Patchouli Leaves...hmmm. I've e-mailed Montale, so hopefully I'll get a reply by christmas.

I've tried the Sandalsliver - it's pleasant enough, quite airy and ethereal. Not sure if it's a bit on the feminine side in the drydown.

Edit: I no longer thikn the bottle is leaking - maybe I was just suffering from a touch of extreme paranoia.

The_good_life, you may be right about the juice being ok, it does smell earthy and decayed - guess I just don't like it. The spray is definitely broke though.
    Last edited by calexs; 22nd September 2007 at 01:21 PM.