Code of Conduct

Default HEELEY & Violets

I've been looking around on the Lucky Scent site this morning and I was reading all of the descriptions of the Heeley fragrances, some of which sound very interesting to me. The only one I've sampled so far is Cardinal, which I loved at first. (It's like a sunnier version of Avignon.) When I wore it all day though, I started finding it a bit cloying. I need to try it again though, because my first reaction to it was to want it as an immediate purchase. Have any of you guys tried anything from this house? Luck Scent lists one called "Fine Leather" which is not listed on Basenotes yet. It has a violet note, which interests me. I was hoping to like Trumper's Ajaccio Violets, but found that it just was too light for me. Along these lines, I'd also be interested in any recomendations of violet fragrances that might be a bit darker and heavier than Trumper's.

Thanks, guys.

Smile Re: HEELEY & Violets

I've tested Spirit of the Tiger, which is inspired by Tiger Balm. I found it to be very soothing and comforting, a minty accord done well. The longevity wasn't great and it stays very close to the skin. If they offered a smaller bottle, I'd buy it.

Default Re: HEELEY & Violets

We received a FINE LEATHER sample, as a RAOK with a purchase, from a generous BNer.
    It has been one of our lemmings ever since.
    Both my husband & I just love it's warmth and richness.
    I recommend you try it for sure.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

I was less impressed with Fine Leather. The floral component was nice, but the leather accord didn't hold together. It became mealy, green-beanish on me. I think Parfum d'Empire's Cuir Ottoman is a far superior floral-leather (albeit with iris rather than violet). It's just as unisex as the Heeley, in spite of how it's classified in the database here. But try them both; I'm aware that the green-bean effect is partly just an issue with my skin chemistry.

Here's a recent thread with some good suggestions for violet scents: VIolet Lovers.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    I was less impressed with Fine Leather..... It became mealy, green-beanish on me.....
    Ahhh hahhh ... so that's why you sent it to us Paul... you didn't like smelling like a green bean.
    Go figure!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Haha, I forgot I sent you the sample. Glad it's working out better for you...

Cheers!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I absolutely loved it. It is mostly violet leaf with a little leather thrown in. I thought it was pretty linear but who cares it's amazing. I thought it was a dressy kind of scent. Sample it!

So far, it looks like I need to sample Fine Leather and Spirit of the Tiger. I wore Cardinal today and again really liked it at first and then less as the day wore on. It became kind of sweaty smelling on me. I think I prefer Passage d'Enfer's whilte lily and musk dry down. Has anybody tried the Heeley Ceder scent? (I can't remember its name off hand.)

When it comes to Spirit of the Tiger, it's cheaper to just wear Tiger Balm. Spirit is so short lived it isn't funny. I think it lasted on me about two hours at the most. Compare the two side by side...they are twins.