Code of Conduct

Default Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

What do you "currently" think about this original scent. I love it and it's honestly my wife's favorite. I've always been more into Creeds and other higher end niche frags but I'm thinking of keeping my dough and simply kicking it with a single bottle of this stuff for awhile. I know it used to be perhaps too popular but I'm thinking now that it's popularity has died down some...at least with the younger crowd as there are far more "modern and newer" frags out.. Would "you" wear the original Dolce?

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Love it....,Im forever getting comments off complete strangers with this one..

The ladies favourite without a doubt!!!

i really dig it and so do pretty ladies. Ha ha...it is a bit strong up front, but i really like it...much much more character than light blue which to me is di gio rip off

I used to really love this one and for a while it was my real go-to. However, I got a whiff of it the other day and I was surprisingly repulsed by it. I just don't think I can wear it right now.
    You are not your perfume.

The first time I wore it my GF wowed at me. She said it is so sexy! But, I don't know why, I myself don't like it much. I find its sillage too strong and that's annoying when I get its whiff all day long. I normally put only 2 sprays for this one; on my chest and on the back of my neck.

I'm putting it on Thai ebay and hope someone will make a bid soon.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Institution

D&G Pour Homme (for some reason) is extremely popular here in Miami. You can literally smell it everywhere when you're out at night at the nightclubs (on the tourists, on the locals...) - so needless to say, I think its majorly overdone and I'm pretty sick of smelling it.

But, if you live in a place where D&GPH is already 'done', I'd say go for it. Having said that, I think there are exponentially better made, higher quality and just as affordable scents for men out there. Stick around here on Basenotes, and be a little patient, and you'll learn about quite a few.

I adore it on others much more than on myself. I am always admiring it from afar, but it seems a bit strong on me. It is a classic though and an amazing composition!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Its drydown is one of the best IMO.

I have a long history of really hating this fragrance, so I'll put that up front, but my comment is more about why people might choose to wear any fragrance that is so overwhelmingly popular. In my area there are maybe 4-5 fragrances that you can smell just about anywhere, anytime. D&G is one, and I bet you can guess the rest. (Well, you might not have guessed Michael Kors - it's huge here in the African American community.) There are hundreds, or even thousands of options when it comes to fragrances, and I cant help but encourage people to be as unique and individual as possible. Sure we want to smell good, but I place a fair value on creativity as well. Just my 2 cents, as always.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I don't like it myself.. doesn't fit me, really, and it comes on too strong in the beginning. However, I have to give D&G props for putting out a mainstream fragrance with some individuality.

Its good stuff, and gets good compliments.
    You could do worse that D&G

akenep

Its good stuff but kind of strong and the D&G Light Blue really doesnt smell like the Pour Homme.
    Is there anything like the Pour Homme but not so strong?

I like it, and wear it sometimes, but it's a little strong for me. Also, I don't like wearing things I have smelled on people at school; luckily I only smelled it once and it did not have to suffer the same sad fate as Burberry Brit and Acqua di Gio... oh poor poor sad Acqua di Gio...

It used to be talked about a lot on this board, but it seems to have fallen out of
    popularity. The clary sage note is too strong for me, but generally it is a well-made
    scent. I just find it a bit cloying for me. If you are looking for a tobacco scent,
    I'd suggest a decant of Creed Vintage (Private Collection) Tabarome.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

My initial foray into D&G Pour Homme made me into a sillage monster.

I had used three sprays where, for me, one might have been enough. I had sillage enveloping my nose for hours! Not bad sillage, but so powerful and plentiful for a time it became unpleasant.

Later wearings of D&G Pour Homme when applied more judiciously were very nice. I find it an attractive fragrance and one that I often sniff as sillage from others.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon