Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Diesel Fuel for Life!

A modern reinvention of the classic fougere-powdery scent family.
    Noses Annick Menardo and Jacques Cavallier created it.
    A nice fragrance based in star anis,grapefruit,water melon,wild raspberry,hedione,lavender,heliotrope,cedar and leather.

It smell gorgeous:
    Proyects a lot, and the start is a prominent anise, nice star anise, more wet with the melon note.
    Still altrough the perfume, even when the heliotrope and the hedione mixed together.
    i can't detect the lavender, just a nice hint of red berries drying down in a rich dark and dry mix of woods and soft leather.

A must have!.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Default Re: Diesel Fuel for Life!

looks interesting.. im very curious to test it .. hey my friend ,. you really share similar tastes with me ... so ill try it soon ... what about longevity ..

I've sampled this....and will have this for sure.....Gary

Oh dern, one more that I have to try! I think Saks carries it so I'll check it out next time I'm there
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I tried it the other day and wasn't overly impressed by it. It's fruity and relatively average smelling. The notes used in it smell like so many other fragrances... but I should give it another try.

Red face Re: Diesel Fuel for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    looks interesting.. im very curious to test it .. hey my friend ,. you really share similar tastes with me ... so ill try it soon ... what about longevity ..
    You really should.
    Longevity for me was impressive. I still smell it for 6-7h.
    So, do we have similar tastes.
    Well that is good. It's ahrd for me to found people with my same taste here, so i'll add you, and i'll dive into you wardrove and see.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

As far as a scent goes, I didnt find this groundbreaking enough to warrant a purchase.
    As for longevity. 2 hours tops (on my skin at least).

Thumbs down Re: Diesel Fuel for Life!

Well, I sprayed some on my wrist(s) today from a sample vial and initial impression was okay. But after 5 or 10 minutes, it made me feel very nauseated. For those of you who like this stuff, longevity should be pretty good, IME. Namely, I tried to wash the juice off, three times, but it didn't work out very well. So, I grabbed Dior Homme, the only other scent I had with me in my bag today and sprayed it on my wrists to mask Fuel for Life. Actually when DH started to fade, I was noticing Fuel for Life again. I hope the rest of it will evaporate as quickly as possible...

I just tested this at the dept. store fragrance counter today, and I was impressed. They only had testers at the moment, so the salesperson gave me a few sample vials. Unfortunately the samples turned out to be the feminine version of the scent, so I'll just have to wait until they get their bottles in stock to try it again.

This scent was o.k., nothing to write home about

I spritzed my arm with this a couple of hours ago on my lunch break and I'm feeling... a bit blah. My first (and still the strongest) impression was that this is the smell I notice when I walk past one particular Body Shop -store (in a mall) here in Helsinki.

Smells better on my shirt sleeve than on my skin after these couple of hours. On my skin it feels like part of the base has started to turn sour, which happens to me with most "fresh" men's fragrances.

I feel like this fragrance is a perfect choice for a "hair by TiGi" -guy.

It finally struck me what this reminded me of - Joop Jump! Though not as good as Jump which is very underrated and rare in the US.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

What special is about it, is the thow cowboys at Marrionnaud, in a campaign, who would have given their lives in order to persuade me to buy it Apart from that, nothing special, rather sweet and rather artificial effect to my nose. I wouldn't buy it.

Sprayed on my wrist, got red burning allergical reaction, quickly washed the crap off, put some cream on my damaged wrist.
    Last edited by MemoryServes; 28th September 2007 at 07:21 AM.