Code of Conduct

Default A Gift for My Grandpa...

My grandfather wants cologne for his approaching birthday, I think something green and grassy (summery), with vetiver would be good. The problem is, my grandpa is from Italy and is pretty hardcore about only wearing Italian designers and brands. Any help?

Default Re: A Gift for My Grandpa...

Quote Originally Posted by alice_the_goon View Post
    My grandfather wants cologne for his approaching birthday, I think something green and grassy (summery), with vetiver would be good. The problem is, my grandpa is from Italy and is pretty hardcore about only wearing Italian designers and brands. Any help?
    Acqua Di Parma has some great summery fragrances. I like the lavanda tonica. Lavender was very popular with the Romans. Also the Original Acqua di Parma Colonia, was a favorite of Itailian Royalty and Aristocracy.
    Last edited by The Duke; 25th September 2007 at 03:28 AM.

Pino Silvestre?

Old Spice?

i kid i kid

Safe: Acqua di Portofino
    Venturous: Villoresi Vetiver

Beyond summery-green, for an older gentleman, Domenico Caraceni comes to mind (very subtle rose, incense, pure elegance), and of course Acqua di Parma Colonia is never wrong.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

Numero Uno by Carthusia

Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi -- classic, old school Italian frag.
    (Available through the Caswell-Massey website, btw.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Kiton Black! Jack!

Kiton Men

If you get anything else for him, get this one also. It is the ultimate green Italian scent, and I think it would be likable by all generations.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 24th September 2007 at 01:31 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thanks for all your help! After much research and reviewing your reccomendations I got my grandpa a bottle of Acqua di Parma's Lavanda Tonica. Thanks again y'all!

Gucci Pour Homme II
    Last edited by rompip; 24th September 2007 at 06:22 AM.

IL Giardano is an italian smelling and very green scent but american made!

Thanks for all your help! After much research and reviewing your reccomendations I got my grandpa a bottle of Acqua di Parma's Lavanda Tonica. Thanks again y'all!
    Great choice AtG.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Ohh I've been reading reviews on Lavanda Tonica...good choice indeed!! I'm curious to try it now: I haven't been a fan of lavender in the past, but I've never tried a fresh, pure interpretation of it. Looks like this might be a chance to give lavender a second chance.

Does anyone know if they let you sample frags in the Art of Shaving shops? I have one nearby, but I've never actually been in. Looks like most of what they have is boxed and on the shelf...
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."