Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Chamade pour Homme

Why am I having such a hard time tracking down Chamade pour Homme in the U.S.?
    Hell, I can barely even find it on European websites, if at all.
    Btw, just added Jardin du Nil to my swap list: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/sh...=1HASW&sortby=
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 23rd September 2007 at 07:32 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Guerlain Chamade pour Homme

As it's made part of Les Parisiennes only sold in the Champs-Elysées shop, I guess you have to call the shop and order it. There is free shipping for +300 €, at least inside Europe.

It's a beautiful, striking and high quality scent that I have once written the following about (though it's not the most fabulous of the Jean Paul Guerlain scents in my opinion):

Chamade pour Homme was composed by Jean Paul Guerlain in 1999 as a masculine version of Chamade from 1969 and originally sold as a romantic pair for Valentine's Day. Given that Guerlain is famous for the oriental scents, also for men, it's surprising that he with Chamade pour Homme chose to completely abandon the vanilla that is such a decisive characteristic of Chamade. He kept the central hyacinth theme but added bergamot, pepper, nutmeg and leather to end up with a spicy, leathery and almost bitter chypre. Not unlike the warmer part of the almost concurrent Coriolan, but far away from Chamade's sweet hay and blackcurrant. In short, this pair is an example of how very differently one can interpret hyacinth. It's said that women and men live on different planets – maybe this was what Jean Paul Guerlain had in mind while creating Chamade pour Homme. It's more likely, however, that he simply wanted to stress the difference between man and woman to let them unite in a so much more exciting love affair. Now Chamade pour Homme is made part of the collection 'Les Parisiennes'.

Family: chypre, spicy. Top notes: bergamot, black pepper. Middle notes: violet, hyacinth, green notes, nutmeg. Base notes: precious wood, vetiver, leather notes.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain Chamade pour Homme

The Guerlain boutique in the San Francisco Neiman's may be getting it soon, the SA there tells me. They have many others that are only available here, in NY, and in Paris. If you want contact info, PM me, and I'll give you the phone number and a way to reach her.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca