Code of Conduct

Default What to wear to a college semi-formal dance?

Hi guys,

I've been reading basenotes for a while but since I never got the registration confirmation email, I couldn't post. Just changed my email address to another one and I got it.

I'm goin to homecoming next week with a big group of friends at a Hyatt. I have a date but she's just a friend. I'm dressing with shirt, slacks, and a tie. Wondering what cologne to wear from my collection since I'm new to this. I've got Cool Water Game, Very Sexy for Him 1, Bvlgari Aqua, Kenneth Cole Black, Issey Miyake, and Burberry Brit. I wanted to get Code but it was sold out online. I'll get it eventually. I'm thinking out of this group to wear either KC Black, IM, or Brit. One of my other guy friends in our group has Very Sexy and I know he's gonna wear it so I don't want to wear the same thing. Which one should I wear? Thanks. It's gonna be about 70-80 outside.

Thrax

Default Re: What to wear to a college semi-formal dance?

I'm a pretty big fan of Issey Miyake for this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    I'm a pretty big fan of Issey Miyake for this situation.
    That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to see other people's opinions. Thanks.
    Last edited by Master Deep; 23rd September 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Yeah, I'd go with Issey Miyake too. If not that, my second choice would be Bvlgari Aqua.

I don't really like Code, but if yout want it, you can definately find it on-line. I guarantee that it's not sold out everywhere. Try Scentiments.com, Scented Monkey, etc. and I bet you'll find it for a decent price.
    Anyways, I'll be going to a college semi-formal a couple of months down the road so I might as well think about it and reply. I think that Issey is a bit too strong, too aquatic, and too generic. I'm probably going to wear something along the lines of Bois d'Argent (sweet, subtle, honey/iris scent). For an event where you're dressing up, I would go with a light oriental, so in that sense, Code would be a good choice. Have fun and drink too much.

I would also recommend Issey Miyake. bvlgari is a second best choice if it lasts on you.

Among the ones you own I'd go with Bulgari Aqua or KC Black. But if I'd buy something new I'd go leathery or oriental, for example with Creed Royal English Leather or Envy: both exude classy yet relaxed elegance and usually get attention. Moreover I bet they're not so popular among your crowd so it will be difficult to find others smelling like you.

My SOTD, perhaps? It's Séxual pour Homme by Michel Germain.

Beautifully blended Canadian frag; very reasonable, too -- goes on smelling very like (!!!) Eternity for Men, but dries down into warm, musky goodness within the first hour. Superb sillage and longevity, yes, but don't overdo it -- this is one frag that definitely requires a light spraying hand!

LOTS of compliments on it everytime I wear it, btw!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 24th September 2007 at 01:50 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

YSL L'Homme!

Go with the Issey

I would actually go with Brit. It'll be cool enough outside that you don't have to wear something fresh, and Brit is a very smooth and attractive scent. Other guys WILL be wearing aquatics. Brit would stand out, but not in a "woah, what in the hell kind of a weird cologne is that guy wearing?" kind of way. Basically, I'd go with it for the same reason that The_Giraffe would go with Bois d'Argent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."