Code of Conduct

Default Narciso Rodriguez for him...I've never been so ga-ga over a scent

Just this past weekend I had to stop at Nordstrom to get two more sample vials made for me of this scent.

I am addicited to scent it is so powerful and smoldering on my skin with a complex make up.

Personally the last scent that made me feel like this was Angel for men and I've worn it for over 7 years and been through countless bottle of it. So I feel this is going to be the fate of Narciso Rodriguez for him.

I think I might have found my holy grail of fragrance....

Default Re: Narciso Rodriguez for him...I've never been so ga-ga over a scent

I'm going to wear Narciso Rodriguez for Him to class tomorrow for the first time... I wonder what the reaction from my classmates, especially "Mr. Dippin' Dots Guy" (I nickname him that because he works at the Dippin' Dots stand at the mall) will be. So far, no one has complimented me on my smellies this semester... maybe this will change things!

I'm also wondering if it might be my signature scent real soon now...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Just this past weekend I had to stop at Nordstrom to get two more sample vials made for me of this scent.

I am addicited to scent it is so powerful and smoldering on my skin with a complex make up.

Personally the last scent that made me feel like this was Angel for men and I've worn it for over 7 years and been through countless bottle of it. So I feel this is going to be the fate of Narciso Rodriguez for him.

I think I might have found my holy grail of fragrance....
    scentimental fool....knowing the fate is cruel.....i know what love can do......but i don't regret it.....

Does anyone know when this is suppose to be released to Nordstroms and such? Or do they already carry it?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions View Post
    Does anyone know when this is suppose to be released to Nordstroms and such? Or do they already carry it?
    No, Nordstrom's doesn't have this yet. Only Sak's and other online retailers.

Thanks. Any idea when they will get it?

I purposefully saved my new NR for Him bottle and opened it whilst on a 2-day trip of a lifetime in Sweden where I attended 2 rock concerts and got to hang with old friends.
    I spritzed ferociously for two days, and then put it straight back in its box until i returned home weeks later.

Now when I spray this scent, the olfactory memory of this magic weekend comes alive once again. NR will always be cherished for this reason!

For me too, having smelled it for the first time at M&S in London during my last trip in august, NRfH will always be associated to that amazing british week I suppose. I don't own yet a bottle but I bet I will have to have it sooner or later.

first time for me was at Siam Paragon in Bangkok...

Dammit...should've bought it right there and then...not found it yet here in my part of town...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
    first time for me was at Siam Paragon in Bangkok...

Dammit...should've bought it right there and then...not found it yet here in my part of town...
    Yes, you should have. Siam Paragon has almost everything. There is one web site here selling it for US$64 (100 ml). I'm thinking hard whether should I get it now.

I have a sample vial, and strangely, I could detect it after 30 minutes. Perhaps that was just my nose at the time.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions View Post
    Thanks. Any idea when they will get it?
    Early October is when it should break out of its exclusivity period with Saks and enter Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Sephora, and some Macy's stores.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Just tried it today. Very different from what I was expecting, so at first I was a bit taken aback: smoky, woody, and more understated than I anticipated. Quite honestly, at first I was disappointed. However, as the day is wearing on, I am beginning to enjoy it; my previous conceptions have waned and I am fully taking in its "reality".

I will definitely try this one again, perhaps in a few days, and more likely at night/in cool weather. It reminds me of a really good album, the kind that doesn't reveal itself fully in the beginning, but opens up slowly. Yet, at the first listen or so, you can tell that something is really there. That is how I feel with this one.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 24th September 2007 at 09:09 PM.
    You are not your perfume.

Just tried it today. Very different from what I was expecting, so at first I was a bit taken aback: smoky, woody, and more understated than I anticipated. Quite honestly, at first I was disappointed. However, as the day is wearing on, I am beginning to enjoy it; my previous conceptions have waned and I am fully taking in its "reality".

I will definitely try this one again, perhaps in a few days, and more likely at night/in cool weather. It reminds me of a really good album, the kind that doesn't reveal itself fully in the beginning, but opens up slowly. Yet, at the first listen or so, you can tell that something is really there. That is how I feel with this one.
    Man you just sold me. Coll description.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post

Yes Nicolas - NRFH is the epitome of a 'new generation' subtle, gentlemanly scent. I probably would not have raised an eyebrow to it, had it not contained a quite wonderful violet note...and for this reason, I can see why some here on Basenotes find this one too...conservative. Me, I think it could easily become 2007's 'Terre D'Hermes'.

I got the chance to sample NRfH (among other frags) at Sephoras at Manufaktura in Lodz, Poland this past weekend. Unfortunately I was totally dissapointed. The bottle is pretty cool, 'cause you can't see the liquid, since the inside of the bottle looks like it was painted with dark silver shiny paint or mercury.

The scent: a few weeks ago, I was experimenting (as usual) with some mixing and blending using RL Romance and GAP Blue no. 655 (very heavy on the Romance, light on the Blue) and the result was a very dry, somewhat smoky no fru-fru scent that was very interesting, but not pretty.

What to my surprise when I smelled NRfH and it instantly recalled said mix, albeit with a bit of Burberry Touch in the background. I couldn't stand the scent because I feel it tries too hard to be masculine, and therefore ends up in your face a little too much.

Nothing about this scent is gentlemanly, so I concur with MIKEPEREZ23 about NRfH being the Terre D'Hermes of 2007, because it has the same dirty in your face brute with an edge that used to be popular in the '80s scent.

BTW, the drydown also reminded me of Guess Men, the discountinued version from 1991 of which I have .5 oz that I rarely use.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I agree NRfH is not a light scent it is a deep dirty masculine powerhouse. The scent was based on the classics of Drakkar (original not Noir) which was heavy in green notes over oakmoss, Kouros, and Polo.

If this scent was used with heavy hand it could clear a room of all oxygen. Terre D'Hermes is dirty also but much much more lighter and gentleman like where HRfH is a big brute.

I grew up in the late 80's and I have such missed fragrances of this kind BIG character. Men's scents back then where so masculine driven - a women would not even think of pulling off wearing one.

Love this scent....
    Last edited by scentimus; 25th September 2007 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Early October is when it should break out of its exclusivity period with Saks and enter Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Sephora, and some Macy's stores.
    It's at Bloomies now. Walk, don't run to get your bottle. Strangely, they were not pushing it. The new Diesel was the spotlighted one.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

It's at Bloomies now. Walk, don't run to get your bottle. Strangely, they were not pushing it. The new Diesel was the spotlighted one.
    !!! Im running tomorrow in the morning lol. Thanks for the info.

I like that it is conservative, not to mention the violet note.

Sounds like a great office frag.........
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 25th September 2007 at 04:07 AM.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Basenotes Institution

It's at Nordstrom stores (and online) now: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2951932?...=searchresults

hmmm, may have to take a break and walk over to the mall to check out my local Nordies. strictly to see if they've got it yet, of course!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    hmmm, may have to take a break and walk over to the mall to check out my local Nordies. strictly to see if they've got it yet, of course!
    If you go, please smell the Musk for Men too. Sublime stuff.

Didn't have Musk for Men, but had the original Narciso Rodriguez For Him Atomizer and Splash on a prominent display - along with the after shave balm.

And maybe it's just me, but I tested from the splash and I *swear* it was just like Gucci PH2 in the opening. Is this all some elaborate prank or was something just really off with me, the bottle or the alignment of the planets today?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    Didn't have Musk for Men, but had the original Narciso Rodriguez For Him Atomizer and Splash on a prominent display - along with the after shave balm.

And maybe it's just me, but I tested from the splash and I *swear* it was just like Gucci PH2 in the opening. Is this all some elaborate prank or was something just really off with me, the bottle or the alignment of the planets today?
    ((wrinkling nose))

Did you get near some kryptonite and perhaps you're losing some of your WonderTwin powers? Honestly, I can't remember what the top notes of GPH2 smell like - I must have deleted them from my brains long term memory bank.

Seriously - maybe you're not 'getting' it, like some others.

I have a sample (I think you sent it to me, mrperez) so i'll give it an actual wearing and make sure i give it a fair go.

will report back!