Code of Conduct

Default Enlightenment - L'Occitane Eau des Baux

Visted L'Occitane store for the first time. I've heard about their stuff for a while and was prepared to be let down like so many other "niche" (Creed, L'Artisan) I've encountered and tested. Sprayed Badian, Eau des Baux and 4 Voleurs on cards. Was immediately taken with Baux. Sprayed some on my skin and walked around the store. Original, striking and classy. First scent in a long time that didn't remind me of another scent. I can quite honestly say that this transported me to the Cypress trees of Provence and the warm, incensey chapels of southern France. The dawn of my enlightenment starts here! I bought it immediately without trying out a sample which is something I never do. And to boot, this stuff is cheap ($42 for 100ml!). Amazing deal when one considers L'Occitane's commitment to natural ingredients and the environment. Next I must try Badian and their namesake PH out.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Enlightenment - L'Occitane Eau des Baux

Welcome to the fantastic world of l'Occitane -- they have some great scents and Eau des Baux is one of them!

i smelt that too last week when i was in there. i really liked it. l'occitane makes great clean scents.

You seldom hear anyone not liking their fragrances, but they few I've tried has left me cold. Or truth tp be told, I didn't like them at all. Well, the two I tried to be more precise, which were Eau des Baux and their vetiver rendition...

Basenotes Institution

Strangely enough, I like most of their fragrances except for Eau des Baux.

The L'occitan fragrance [yes, it doesn't have an 'e' at the end] which is a lavender/black pepper scent I am looking to smell soon - it sounds wonderful.

I generally like their stuff. The Vetyver is great in winter, and I am one in a minority who enjoys the ultra-herbal 4 Voleurs. Their stuff just seems to have an earthy, natural tone. I don't find them the most subtle or complex fragrances. They tend to hit you over the head with an note or two, and tend to be pretty linear, but the notes seem to be rich and full. Their Verbena is really good quality, and just a beautiful example of the that note. The only one I just can't stand is their Green Tea. - its just too earthy for me. Glad you like Eau des Baux. I haven't picked up a bottle yet - its between that and the L'Occitan EDT, which I am loving at the moment.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Absolute fan of Eau des Baux, but the other men's scents dont seem to grab me. Badian didn't meld together with its spicy nature, L'Occitan was like EdB in nature but lacked longevity, and 4 Voleurs smelled like cold cream to me.

Aside from all that I appreciate the simplicity and quality of L'Occitane for the price.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!