Code of Conduct

Thread: Floris No. 89

Default Floris No. 89

Floris fans might be interested to learn that according to Perfume-Smellin' Things, Floris will be auctioning off their last remaining 60 bottles of No. 89 on eBay, starting on September 27 (this coming Thursday). The starting price will be $85 for each bottle, and the proceeds are going to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation.

Default Re: Floris No. 89

Yikes, its getting discontinued? Its a great frag and my sotd! What would James Bond wear now ?
    -

In my opinion, No. 89 doesn't fit James Bond. I don't see anything of James Bond in it.

It seems that Floris is in a period of decline. It used to be that I could buy their
    stuff at Nordstrom and Neiman's. Now only through their boutiques. And now their
    classic No. 89 is being discontinued.

It's a shame, really.

Actually, No. 89 is not being discontinued. The bottles being sold are the last remaining inventory in the US, according to Floris. Floris is planning on re-introducing the whole line, including their top-notch shaving soap, sometime in the early spring.

Quote Originally Posted by levente View Post
    Actually, No. 89 is not being discontinued. The bottles being sold are the last remaining inventory in the US, according to Floris. Floris is planning on re-introducing the whole line, including their top-notch shaving soap, sometime in the early spring.
    re-introducing = reformulating ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    re-introducing = reformulating ?

Not from my understanding. Floris had discontinued the body talc, shave soap, etc., but after No.89 made a brief appearance in the latest Bond flick (you may have missed it if you blinked), demand for the EDT soared and they decided to bring the whole line back.

I agree with the previous poster...No 89 does not conjur anything of James Bond when I smell it.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)