Code of Conduct

Default Anyone get ripped off by "Oilman?"!

I did in a swap. I "traded" him a Rive Gauche for a new Joop Night Flight and see that his username has "banned" underneath it now. Just a warning to those that may have had possible trades going on with this joker.

Feedback 275 (100%)

Default Re: Anyone get ripped off by "Oilman?"!

Yes... I did.

He said the package I sent (he obviously received) contained a broken bottle (I've never had a bottle break on me in transit with over 93 trades here and countless ebay/other, I think I understand how to protect a bottle... )

It was allegedly two Saturdays ago that he sent the package. If he sent it bulk mail has he claims to have, it might still arrive, but now I have low hopes. Never mind the replacement item I sent him which he also claims not to have received.
    Last edited by zr0e; 21st October 2008 at 01:03 AM.

Feedback 8 (100%)
    Blog Entries

oh man....PMs sent.

He tried to organize a trade with me. He claimed to have the two exact scents I wanted and was willing to swap them for the scents I had at the time which were obviously of lesser value. I sensed something fishy considering he'd only been a member for a few days and had no feedback. I told him I'd do the swap once he had some positive feedback, looks like I was right to trust my gut reaction. Sorry to hear about your guys' luck.
    Last edited by chaserx911; 21st October 2008 at 01:13 AM.

Feedback 275 (100%)

KENNETH MEYERS
    5428 PALMER ST
    HOUSTON,TEXAS 77004

Please add this to your personal files with the note AVOID.

Here is a link that details other scams he/she has run in the past and recently: (Look for the info on Kenneth Meyers!)

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...972#post247972

**Thanks Joe.
    Last edited by Subhalen; 21st October 2008 at 01:16 AM.

What a low life! What a terrible thing to do. I am glad chaserx911 went with his gut reaction. I am sorry for everyone else that got ripped off. There is nothing worse than feeling ripped off, especially from people that you thought you can trust.

Feedback 275 (100%)

Oh well,
    Worse things have happened. Luckily in my nearly 100 Transactions here this is the only time something has really gone terribly wrong and not fixed.

Feedback 51 (89%)

If anyone needs help on how to file a formal criminal complaint please PM me privately.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Using the USPS for fraudulent activities is verboten and punishable by law if proven, no?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Feedback 51 (89%)

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Using the USPS for fraudulent activities is verboten and punishable by law if proven, no?
    potentially wire fraud, mail fraud, etc.. Now, if you perpetrate a fraud using the mail, since the USPS is a government entity, it may become a federal crime. Federal crimes are a very serious matter which can elevate a normal misdemeanor to a major felony. For example, if you rob a post office, not a bank, then this is considered a much more serious crime and the law will punish you as such.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 21st October 2008 at 01:48 AM.

Feedback 51 (89%)

Check out all his posts, there is nothing of substance, i.e., "got it," "I love it," "love that stuff," "check pm," "love it," "heheheh," "hahahah," "I am gonna get some," "good stuff," etc... Seems he was posting for no other reason that to bump up his rating. Piece of shit.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 21st October 2008 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Check out all his posts, there is nothing of substance, i.e., "got it," "I love it," "love that stuff," "check pm," "love it," "heheheh," "hahahah," "I am gonna get some," "good stuff," etc... Seems he was posting for no other reason that to bump up his rating. Piece of shit.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Always insist on DC numbers in all trades !

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Always insist on DC numbers in all trades !
    DC?

I assume you mean the Delivery Confirmation numbers that can be purchased at the post office when you mail an item.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st October 2008 at 02:40 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Gents,
    We've banned this member for these obvious reasons. On other Internet forums he's promised to come back to them under a different username. We'll all need to be watching.

In general, members should always examine the Basenotes feedback available on a potential buyer/seller/swapper. When, as in the case of OILMAN, there is none, do not forget that you can minimize your risk by having the new member send his/her payment or part of the swap first before you send yours. It's important to minimize your risk.

I'm naturally very grateful to TheAttorney who's made clear the importance of holding jerkoffs accountable for their criminal activity. The guy can commit the alleged crime, he better be able to handle the legal consequences. I'm especially thankful to TheAttorney because he can set the record straight as to what can be done. I wasn't so detailed or wise when I PMed one of OILMAN's victims:

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    ...Further, and I know it's rotten work to do, and that if I had to do it I'd be beating myself up for being taken like this, but if I were in your shoes I would consider writing a hard copy snail mail letter to the cops and to postal inspectors saying: "officers, I write to report that I've been the victim of theft and fraud through the mails. I know this is a small crime in the scheme of crime in our society, but it happened to me and is naturally a violation of our laws. Here's how it came about, what I've lost, and attached are copies of my electronic correspondence with the perpetrator." Something like that. Who knows if it will lead to anything, but think of how it will make you feel and how you will have stood up for yourself and your absolutely certain rights to decent treatment from a jackass out there who abused them. I don't want to sound like a jerk myself in saying "call the cops" but there is value to reporting this kind of thing and the value comes in the validation of calling abuse abuse and knowing that you are the kind of person who does so. So that's what I sincerely suggest you consider doing.

Post your feedback for him--maybe others will do the same as well and it will make for easy reference when/if he comes back as another name. We'll all be able to point to that feedback and word will spread faster about any new identities.

Very sorry about your loss to this jerk. It's not much comfort, but remember that he is a vile jerk, a criminal, and an abuser of decent people who are friendly and trusting. It is so much better to be one of the latter kind of people than to be a person like he is.
    Very best,
    --Chris
    Lastly, I've got to lock this thread. In a technical way it is against the rules--the forums are not for posting threads that are feedback of members, purchases, or exchanges. This is a rather special exception, at least for the time being, but the thread will do its work if people see it and are informed by it.

Anyone with questions can PM me.
    Thanks everyone,
    --Chris
    Last edited by DustB; 21st October 2008 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Whoops! I forgot to post the whole quotation.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.