Code of Conduct

Default Creed original vetiver...mugler or better?

I just bought this one blind because of the glowing reviews and because i found a bottle for 65 bucks...its the small bottle, but hey thats pretty good, with shipping it was like 72 dollars....anyway, just wanted you guys reaction on the blind buy...i hear its like mugler which i like...but is it better(keep in mind the price i paid!) ha ha.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Creed original vetiver...mugler or better?

Cleaner and crisper than the Mugler. Very nice - I think you'll like it, if you like your vetivers balanced, conservative and green.

actually this is my first official vetiver and first creed! im really excited...i dont know if mugler is considered vetiver...but i dont own it any way...i just steal sprays from the bottle i bought for my brother!

Better. Much better. Enjoy.

I happen to enjoy Mugler quite a bit more. I found it to come alive and "sparkle" more. The Mugler has more energy to me. OV is more of a relaxed vetiver, whereas Mugler takes that accord, lowers the vetiver a bit, and adds most bursting clean soapiness.

I enjoy OV a great deal; one of my favorites. My experience with Mugler is only through testing, but I would have to say that I prefer Creed.
    You are not your perfume.

Is there room for both of them in the same wardrobe?
    Are they virtually identical?

Personally i have never tested OV but only recently discovered Mugler Cologne and absolutely fell in love with it from the word go.

If you can't tell one from the other, then i wouldn't struggle to test OV but if there are some serious differences i will try to hunt it down.

gupts

For me, mugler was just too feminine. I even received feedback asking why I was wearing perfume. But if I could take the concept, tweak it, add a little this, a little that, give it that something something, you get Creed OV. Beautiful.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Personally, I think Creed's 1948 Vetiver is better than OV. Seems less sullied by another underlying note.

Well, I have to preface my response with the fact that I have tested both of these, but not owned them. From my experience I like OV better. The Mugler is good, very similar to one of my favorites, ck be. But I love vetivers and OV is a more pronounced vetiver.

Creed's OV is one of my favorites. It's special in its cleanliness IMO.

I bought Mugler and immediately swapped it out. Can't remember what I didn't like about it but OV is the superior scent to me

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

The fragrances are so close to each other that if you have one, you really don't need the other - very similar. Mugler Cologne is a little more sparkling green, probably coming from their mystery ingredient "S"?! Creed OV is has a little more development and is probably a more interesting fragrance mix. But again, I don't think there is more than 5% - 7% difference in the two. I own Mugler and I like it very much, but when it runs out I'll try the OV. Others that are also very good and similar with slight differences from these two are Story by Paul Smith, Vetiver Cologne by CdG, and original Gendarme.

Also in this very same category of vetiver/green fragrance is Sel d' Vetiver by The Different Company - may be my new favorite in the light vetiver category - its a stunner!