Code of Conduct

Default how do I remove perfume from car's shoulder strap

I've had someone in the passenger side of my car who wears a strong perfume on her shirt and it's clinging onto the nylon shoulder strap in my car. How can I get it off or reduce it?

Default Re: how do I remove perfume from car's shoulder strap

Maybe rubbing alcohol? pour some on there I think that should do the trick

Drive with the window open.

As Pugsley_f5 said, drench it in rubbing alcohol, but also try blow drying it dry. I think the high heat will help evaporate the scent.

It may have to just wear off. Some of my stronger scents linger on my shirts even after a couple washings.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Try spraying it with Febreeze.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    Maybe rubbing alcohol? pour some on there I think that should do the trick
    Yup, that's how I clean my decant bottles and old sample vials. Works like a charm, but you'll have to really drench the belt in it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

White vinegar (apply liberally), then Febreze
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 26th September 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by hugh View Post
    I've had someone in the passenger side of my car who wears a strong perfume on her shirt and it's clinging onto the nylon shoulder strap in my car. How can I get it off or reduce it?
    Is your wife getting suspicious?
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

If the belt is any other color than black or dark gray, I would advise against putting any kind of liquid on it.

I would also advise against any harsh cleanser that might compromise the belt itself.

I wouldn't recommend Febreeze. I used that on a coat once after someone recommended it to me, and the smell of the Febreeze never really came out, even after dry-cleaning. Yikes.

I second the rubbing alcohol ideas.

Thank you one-and-all for the tips! I initially tried alcohol but maybe not ENOUGH! And no, Pieter--I don't have a wife, I'm gay. But I could see how one could infer it--it is a suspicious "problem" to have. I just can't stand 1) the perfume and 2)the amount of it clinging to the seatbelt. I like the subtle mysterious woody perfumes you can only discover when you're really close and intimate with someone. I think it should only be worn directly on the skin in small amounts but enough to interact with the body's chemistry. Of all the cities I've lived in, LA is the loudest perfume-wearing of all. I suppose it stands to reason given the general nature of this place. I've had to move to another table in restaurants several times because I could smell someone as they arrived to take the table next to mine. Despite all the $$$ here, subtelty and class are rare and can't be bought in this town. Sorry, I'm bitching because I miss Northern California. Thanks again everyone!

Unscented deodorant?

Hello Hugh,

Welcome to basenotes. I noticed you're on the west coast. Do you happen to have a Dollar Tree store close to you? If so, they sell a wonderful fabric refresher. It's called Powerhouse Fabric refresher, and it works like Febreze, but it doesn't leave the perfumey wallop behind.

I would try the rubbing alcohol, and then a spritz with that stuff. I use it on jackets that have a cigarette smoke smell on them and it makes them fresh without interfering with other fragrances like Febreze does.

Hope this helps!
    Mike
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74