Code of Conduct

Wink Is Daim Blond Serge Lutens update of Jean Paul Guerlain's Habit Rouge?

I think it's the same concept. Just replace Blond's apricot and heliotrope with lemon and cinnamon. No?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Daim Blond Serge Lutens update of Jean Paul Guerlain's Habit Rouge?

Errrrrr, I've really got to say no. I can't stand Daim Blond but I love Habit Rouge. For me it works to say replace Blond's apricot and heliotrope, but for my nose, I can't do it. I can't even get to the concept of the switch, so much is that fruit sweetness cloyingly identified with DB.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Is Daim Blond Serge Lutens update of Jean Paul Guerlain's Habit Rouge?

I always chuckle when i see the words "Daim Blonde".

That's all. I haven't anything of value to add to this thread.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

If you remove the apricot and heliotrope notes from Daim Blond, whats left?

I will take the spicy lemony vanilla goodness of Habit Rouge EDC anyday.
    -

Daim Blonde an "update" of Habit Rouge? LOL!

No way!

I think of Daim Blond as the "sour puss" daughter of Habit Rouge.

As much as I think its stimulating to ponder this question, for me, Habit Rouge has too much vanilla in the base to see Daim Blond as an offshoot.
    If they have anything in common, I would say that both have a seamless fusion of notes - perhaps that smooth quality is what relates the two?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I think of Daim Blond as the "sour puss" daughter of Habit Rouge.
    What a strange thought! I do not think these two have much in common beyond being in the same olfactory group. I also think that Daim Blond is a lovely feminine perfume which HR never even aimed to be. A strange obsession to be 'complete' on Guerlains is the only reason why I still hang on to it. There are less powdery vanilla scents for men in our days, and more authentic oriental perfumes.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Let me explain my idea. Habit Rouge is a leather oriental that celebrates leather as something soft and sweet and slightly fruity. Daim Blond takes this a step further by marrying the leather notes to apricot.

hmmm... interesting.
    If DB is the sourpuss daughter of HR, whose the mom? Mitsouko, perhaps, with her smoky ashy peaches? or Narcisse Noir, with her nasty orange blossoms?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

... Habit Rouge is a leather oriental that celebrates leather as something soft and sweet and slightly fruity...
    That's where my own perception differs. Cedar, cinnamon and carnation (?) are just too heavy a package for me here. They may be the reason why I completely fail to perceive a leather note in HR ( I know it's there). I love leather notes, but I seldom enjoy 'French boudoir orientals' of the woody type.
    Last edited by narcus; 27th September 2007 at 03:31 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Wink Re: Is Daim Blond Serge Lutens update of Jean Paul Guerlain's Habit Rouge?

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    hmmm... interesting.
    If DB is the sourpuss daughter of HR, whose the mom? Mitsouko, perhaps, with her smoky ashy peaches? or Narcisse Noir, with her nasty orange blossoms?
    Grand Father: Rumored to be an Austrian tailor from the Knize family.
    Grand Mother: Mitsouko
    Father: Habit Rouge
    Mother: Opium
    Daughter: Daim Blond
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 27th September 2007 at 04:18 PM.

Grand Father: Rumored to be an Austrian tailor from the Knize family.
    Grand Mother: Mitsouko
    Father: Habit Rouge
    Mother: Opium
    Daughter: Daim Blond
    YeOW!
    That is quite a bloodline!
    I KNEW that Mitsouko had to be in there somewhere
    Opium? That slut!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never sampled JPG's Habit Rouge, but as a devotee of Daim Blond I will have to give it a try.