Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up A little dedication to Basenotes

Just wanted to reflect on my time here at Basenotes for my 1000th post. It's taken me longer to get here than most, but the time was well spent. This is the only internet forum I've ever been a part of, and I after reading though a few others, I can clearly see why. Even as my interest in fragrances has waxed and waned to some degree through the years (but not anymore ), the consistently enlightening posts from many members that I respect very much (and there are many of them) have kept me coming back. People come and go, but at the center of it all, I can count on there being a very cohesive and intelligent group of enthusiasts who are happy to provide their wildly diverse points of view. And obviously, Grant and the Mods are saints for keeping this place up and running smoothly all this time, putting up with our occasional pettiness, and even adding continuous improvements to this one of a kind site.

I pretty much have this site alone to thank for opening my eyes to a new sensory experience, and everyone here to thank for keeping my eyes open. So here's to Basenotes!

But enough of this contemplativeness!

Now I just have to choose a scent to pick up in celebration. I want it to be blind (I do not do this often), I want it to be of high quality, I don't want it to be too sweet, and I want your help. Right now I'm leaning toward Rose 31 (or maybe another Le Labo...who knows?) or one of the Montale Aouds (while they're still on sale). Do your worst.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A little dedication to Basenotes

Way to go, and here's to the next 1000 I feel the same way about BN. It's zee best!

Since you're looking at rose frags, I'm currently obsessed about Domenico Caraceni EdT, which, to my mind, is the best masculine rose scent in the "elegant gentleman" category. In fact there is no better rose scent, C&S 88 etc. are simply different. I think it's not very common, even less so in the US than in Europe, and really something very special. It's not even excessively expensive (79 euros for 100ml at FIF)

Notes:
    Petit Grain, Styrax, Geranium Bourbon
    Neroli Bigarade, Rose Absolue, Tobacco Essence
    Cypress, Frankincense

Edit:I just noticed there's a Caraceni thread out there, which speaks for itself
    Last edited by the_good_life; 26th September 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: A little dedication to Basenotes

It's so strange; it seems like both of you, LiveJazz and TGL have been here forever, but you both joined last year. I just yestarday thought about all the great members that haven't been here for a year or more, that made me kind of sad. I hope you LiveJazz keep on posting for years to come! Personally I can't separate Basenotes and my fragrance hobby - this fantastic place makes it somehow so much more meaningful. Also, since I believe there are things of true beauty in the world, not just menaingless opinions, I find reviews very helpful and enlightening.

Congratulations for your 1,000 posts. Don't worry about being slow, that feat will take some four years for me to accomplish .
    Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 26th September 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Congratulations on your 1000 mark and i hope you don't get "basenotes vacations" anytime soon!

Congrats! Kudos! Cheers!

Keep up the great posts!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Congratulations on your 5th star and thank you for your beautiful words, a very nice post. I was going to add my own reflection but Johnny_Ludlow stole it from me word for word

Cheers and see you around!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: A little dedication to Basenotes

Sorry Gus. It's my problem, I can't think of anything decent myself, so I have to use my psychic abilities to steal from others. This wont happen again any time soon mate, I tend to rotate from whom I take my ideas from. I think it's only fair.

Post Thanks / Like

LiveJazz
    Congrats on your 1000 post. It is quite a feat and you are one of the regulars around here that makes basenotes such a special place. I wish I could help you with your frag choices but no frag really comes to mind. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Count on LiveJazz for thoughtful and tasteful answers. Bank on how worthy of reading time his comments are. To the next 1000 posts!

I think LV's Sandalo or SMN's Melograno or MPG Iris Bleu Gris should be in your future, LJ.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

LJ, I would go for White Aoud but that's because I'm dying to try it myself!

Also, congratulations...Basenotes is such a wonderful place, yes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I think LV's Sandalo or SMN's Melograno or MPG Iris Bleu Gris should be in your future, LJ.
    If the first of these, get it while it's hot (note the 20% discount, bringing the base price down to $48)...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words everyone! You are all proving my post to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    It's so strange; it seems like both of you, LiveJazz and TGL have been here forever, but you both joined last year.
    Actually I've been around here since sometime in '04. When the site was reformatted, I had my name changed and my join date started over again. People who kept their names also kept their join date, apparently.

Looks like I have some frag research to do! Only one mentioned that I've smelled is C&S I think.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."