Code of Conduct

Default The only other people in the world who remember New West - I had to join:

I have a fairly uneducated nose. Growing up, our selections were limited due to my mother's extreme allergies and sensitive nose. And then I hit 20 and decided to slather myself in things that smelled directly from the headshop. And now, I'm older, and have been sampling things like Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab for a while and would like to try my hand at scent blending.

I've been doing some research for a historical recreational group I belong to about perfumes in the middle ages, and decided to educate my nose about modern scents as well. This is how I found the forum.

I do remember that when I was 13, I got a bottle of New West as a gift from someone. I loved it. My mother claimed she could smell when I was thinking about it. I'm wondering if there are smell-a-likes or more sophisticated scents along the same lines. . .since one of the first pages I read on the site was a petition to bring it back. Hehe.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The only other people in the world who remember New West - I had to join:

Quote Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
    My mother claimed she could smell when I was thinking about it.

Welcome, Asenath. And congrats on your first post. I don't have the answer to your question cuz I'm so new to fragrance (although old to the world). Just want to confirm that you do, indeed, seem to be at the right place, and your sense of humor (or your mom's at least) fits right in, too!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.