Code of Conduct

Default I Think I'm in Love . . .

Just got a bottle of Mûre et Musc Extrême in a swap -- wow, wow, WOW. (Pardon my eloquence.)

Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd like a fragrance with so strong a berry note -- NEVER. I literally can't quit sniffing my arm -- this shit is ADDICTIVE!

The whole affair starts off remarkably, almost edibly, sweet, but then it turns deliciously musky and transparent on me. (Yeah, I know -- hence the name.) Not a powerful, animalic, dirty musk, but a crystal clear, "pretty" musk that (again) just makes me want to sniff my arm almost compulsively.

This will probably become one of my favorite L'Artisans -- I can already tell ya that much.

My other arm has Chergui, a gem from another swap. Like Mûre et Musc, it, too is remarkable and sensuous. No, take that back -- this one's more SENSUOUS than simply SENSUAL. I've heard so much board chatter about Chergui, and now I can see why it's so damn popular! Its intoxicating sweet vanilla puts me very much in mind of my beloved Musc Ravageur -- sweet and sexy and pure and dirty all at once! This one, too, is going in my wardrobe. Now Paul will know what to buy me come ChristmaSolstiHanuMas!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th September 2007 at 01:02 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: I Think I'm in Love . . .

Aw come on, it's not that good!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

For a more affordable alternative:
    Roger & Gallet Bouquet Impérial is quite similar, but has also less longevity.
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Aww I'm jealous. I really want to try the Mure et Musc series but haven't gotten a chance yet.
    Also good to know that I'm not the only one that sits at home with each arm covered in something in the evenings. I'm comparing the cinnamon in CdG White and Diesel Plus Zero tonight. It's fun and I'd imagine I look pretty silly if someone was looking in at me sniffing back and forth!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

If you like cinnamon as much as I do (and it sounds as though you do), then you really need to sample a) Witness by Jacques Bogart and b) Baie de Genièvre by Creed. The former, although discontinued, is VERY reasonably priced. The latter lacks longevity sometimes, but makes up for it in crispness and complexity.

Have you ever tried either one? Both frags, IMHO, are seriously major "arm sniffers" for us die-hard, dyed-in-the-wool cinnamon fans!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th September 2007 at 02:17 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I have recently fallen in love with MeME as well. I found a decant of it that I had from way back and this time around I've found a whole new appreciation for it this time. It's shot up into my top 5. For some reason, the scent, more than others, conveys colors to me--namely purple, with a little pink and some green psychadelic swirls. The berry is incredible, the musk is incredible, and the underlying green is incredible. Need more incredible? How about the sillage and longevity. Really a fun scent to wear because it is so crisply beautiful yet never bores. Definately my favorite L'Artisan.

If you enjoy Mure et Musc Extreme I highly recommend trying

Ava Luxe - Wild Blackberry Musk
    Ava Luxe - Forbidden Fruits

Not to mention both are very affordable
    Last edited by matreal; 27th September 2007 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks to our very own MikePerez, I have a lovely sample of Baie de Genievre that I'd worn out once and really enjoyed. It's a much more robust fragrance with much more character than either of the two I have on now. I need to give it another good wear and I'll know better whether I should pick it up or not. I definitely enjoyed it the first time though!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

MeME is pretty great. Smells good and lasts and lasts.

Off-Scenter

Another really great (and underrated) scent in the same genre as Mure et Musc Extreme is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Fraicheur Muskissime. Definitely worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Another really great (and underrated) scent in the same genre as Mure et Musc Extreme is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Fraicheur Muskissime. Definitely worth a try!
    speaking of MPG eau de mure is also a very similar fragrance.

I totally feel you on this one. I just have a sample of MME and was completely taken by surprise in regards to how much I LOVED it. Blackberries? Yes. I found myself almost wanting to lick my arm, all the while fanning my shirt uncontrolably so that I could smell the scent on my chest. (Not the most attractive sight in the world.) A very sensual, romantic, and straight up lovely fragrance.
    You are not your perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe View Post
    I have recently fallen in love with MeME as well. I found a decant of it that I had from way back and this time around I've found a whole new appreciation for it this time. It's shot up into my top 5. For some reason, the scent, more than others, conveys colors to me--namely purple, with a little pink and some green psychadelic swirls. The berry is incredible, the musk is incredible, and the underlying green is incredible. Need more incredible? How about the sillage and longevity. Really a fun scent to wear because it is so crisply beautiful yet never bores. Definately my favorite L'Artisan.
    Hey, last year you made me a little sample from your decant. Was that the EXTREME version? Because I got a mini of the regular Mure et Musc from Musse a while back and while it's good-- it seems different than that sample you gave me. I have to know!

Some have said that Wild Blackberry Musk by Ava Luxe is superior to MeME and, to a certain extent, I would agree (MeME smelt a tad girlie for my tastes). However, I've long moved on from fruity musks as they're not for me.

I have a bottle of Wild Blackberry Musk EDP, if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Hey, last year you made me a little sample from your decant. Was that the EXTREME version? Because I got a mini of the regular Mure et Musc from Musse a while back and while it's good-- it seems different than that sample you gave me. I have to know!
    Yes, that was the extreme version.
    What's the deal with Wild Blackberry Musk? What makes it better than MeME?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe View Post
    Yes, that was the extreme version.
    What's the deal with Wild Blackberry Musk? What makes it better than MeME?
    Doesn't smell so girlie, is richer, and has better sillage and longevity. I tried MeME sveral times before finally giving WBM a go, BTW.

I also feel Wild blackberry musk is superior to MeME. You've spark my interest having it for sale. I may have to shoot a PM your way soon considering I'm going to need a bottle after I finish this decant.

Blackberry musk takes the cake with sillage and longevity. I love the richness of it compared to MeME. I'd prefer to have them both but for the quality and price that is WBM, I'll take it over MeME.

Basenotes Institution

Being a Jean Claude Ellena fan, there are still a few scents out there he did that I have not tried - Mure et Musc (the regular and the Extreme) is one of them. It sounds like something I would definitely like.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Being a Jean Claude Ellena fan, there are still a few scents out there he did that I have not tried - Mure et Musc (the regular and the Extreme) is one of them. It sounds like something I would definitely like.
    I thought Jean LaPorte was the nose behind that one? One of the few original l'Artisans still in their arsenal...