Code of Conduct

Default body kouros...how different is it from kouros

i really like body kouros.....its sweet but not cloying...i can definitely see this as a romantic scent...i think its good...is regular kouros anything like this version? I seem to see how love hate it is on this site, but some say kouros is like a holy grail and others smell pee? What gives?

Default Re: body kouros...how different is it from kouros

Kouros is the holy grail.

They are two different animals, IMHO. Body Kouros is more silky-smooth, night-time plaything.

Kouros is just an animal. It can be unleahsed any time - in moderation, some might say - and it can knock 'em dead. (Perhaps even literally).

Ultimately, BK does not have much to do with the Big K. You will feel noticeably different wearing them. (However, curiously, I once wore BK and after a few hours, got the feintest oh-so-slight whiff of Kouros buried somewhere in the middle of it. It was most unexpected buty pleasant, and did not expect it, and I've never gotten it since, but It did happen.)

Hope that helps!

(Just to confuse matters even more, there are at least 5 or 6 other different versions of Kouros as well out there somewhere, each with their own unique tale to tell...)

QE

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    is regular kouros anything like this version?
    No, not at all. Out of all Kouros incarnations, Body Kouros has the least in common with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Kouros is the holy grail.
    Yes.

"body kouros...how different is it from kouros "
    TOTALLY. Period.
    Kouros is a great fougère that set an olfactive trend back in the 80's.
    Body Kouros even conceptually is neither a pale reflex of its big brother.

Magnifiscent is SO right -- the two are nothing alike. BK is (again) even in a different fragrance family than Kouros. Why YSL chose the confusing moniker I'll never know.

Body Kouros is like M7 for me in that I TRIED to love it -- I really did, beeswax note and all. I finally ended up swapping it (along with some other things) this past week for some Santa Maria Novella Musk. I'm glad I swapped, as a) I shouldn't ever have to work that hard to make myself love a frag and b) I made the other swapper happy.

I'm surprised that BK is still on the market and not dead as disco, honestly. Why? Because it IS very different, even cutting edge stuff. Very well blended stuff, this, and the quality of ingredients cannot be faulted -- don't get me wrong . . . but mainstream it ain't. I genuinely like Body Kouros, yes, but I cannot say that I love it, nor that I want to keep a bottle around (obviously). I just can't bring myself to fall in love with it and make it a "regular." (And when you have damn near 60 fuckin' bottles on your bureau to begin with, this DOES become an issue.)

Kouros, on the other hand, I ADORE (even though many others despise it). It is, IMHO, a sexy, animalic beast, masculine and feral and nasty. (It's a Big Eighties frag, true, but that's just about my favorite genre of frag to begin with, anyway!)

Do yourself a favor and sample Kouros before buying or swapping for it. It's kinda like Vegemite (or Rob Zombie flicks, for that matter) in that it's definitely an acquired taste. (Just 'cause I love both doesn't mean that everyone else will concur.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th September 2007 at 02:19 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Magnifiscent is SO right -- the two are nothing alike. BK is (again) even in a different fragrance family than Kouros. Why YSL chose the confusing moniker I'll never know.

Body Kouros is like M7 for me in that I TRIED to like it -- I really did, beeswax note and all. I finally ended up swapping it (along with some other things) this past week for some Santa Maria Novella Musk. I'm glad I swapped, as a) I shouldn't ever have to work that hard to make myself love a frag and b) I made the other swapper happy.

I'm surprised that BK is still on the market and not dead as disco, honestly. Why? Because it IS very different, even cutting edge stuff. Very well blended stuff, this, and the quality of ingredients cannot be faulted -- don't get me wrong . . . but mainstream it ain't. I genuinely like Body Kouros, yes, but I cannot say that I love it, nor that I want to keep a bottle around (obviously). I just can't bring myself to fall in love with it and make it a "regular." (And when you have damn near 60 fuckin' bottles on your bureau to begin with, this DOES become an issue.)

Kouros, on the other hand, I ADORE (even though many others despise it). It is, IMHO, a sexy, animalic beast, masculine and feral and nasty. (It's a Big Eighties frag, true, but that's just about my favorite genre of frag to begin with, anyway!)

Do yourself a favor and sample Kouros before buying or swapping for it. It's kinda like Vegemite (or Rob Zombie flicks, for that matter) in that it's definitely an acquired taste. (Just 'cause I love both doesn't mean that everyone else will concur.)
    that was me you swapped with...ha ha...glad you like the musk.....and i like rob zombie films, but not vegemite...so there is a 50 50 shot that i will like kouros....thanks for the discussion all! Hop

Kouros is the holy grail of pee.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Kouros is the holy grail of pee.

TNMA
    No, that would be Antaeus. :P

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    No, that would be Antaeus. :P

Yeah, for like 45 seconds, then it's the holy grail of beeswax. Kouros is like a beautiful, gleaming, silver fountain of pee.

BK has absolutely nothing to do with pee. It's the wastebasket of discarded old burnt cotton candy.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I once worked in a hospital, and believe me, half an hour after the application, Antaeus smells of cystitis. Well, probably it's a skin issue, to/on me, Kouros is just beautiful. Which is about the only thing it has in common with Body Kouros (getting back on topic )

I hate Kouros, but I really enjoy Body Kouros. Body Kouros is a smooth oriental scent along the same lines as Versace Dreamer IMO.

Magnifiscent hit the nail on the head in such a beautifully succint manner, it's like a work of art!

And I agree with LiveJazz's view on Antaeus........

The original Kouros is indeed one of the legendary 80's scents.....I only wish the honey note was not so sweet on my skin. Meanwhile, Body Kouros comes off as a docile sweet oriental with hopes of winning over friends.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but as far as I'm concerned, Body Kouros was adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    I hate Kouros, but I really enjoy Body Kouros.
    That's what I love about Basenotes in general (not to mention the swapping system in particular!) -- there's always someone who hates what you love, and almost always vice versa. Barring love/hate dichotomies, there's almost always at least someone who's as indifferent about a frag (or, again, vice versa) as you are passionate.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 28th September 2007 at 03:39 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]