Code of Conduct

Question Any montale good for the summer?

Obviously Montales with Aoud, Leather, Honey etc are unwearable during the summer.

Is there any worthy Montale out there that is meant for use during the hotter months?

Any suggestions?

gupts

Default Re: Any montale good for the summer?

The only thing I can think of right now is Soleil de Capri, maybe Jasmin Full if you are a jasmine lover.

I actually think Black Aoud is suitable for summer wear. I've done it before with no problem.
    Last edited by matreal; 27th September 2007 at 02:12 PM.

Aromatic Lime would work in the summer.

Fougeres Marines, Vetiver des Sables and possibly Musk to Musk (with a light trigger finger) are some other options.

I agree with Soleil de Capri and Fougeres Marines.. both pretty sparkly and bright on me.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Vetiver des Sables for sure, and Sandflowers.
    Also, I regularly wear BA in the hot south Florida climate and it works extremely well.
    Not to sound presumptuous here, but weren't most aoud-based fragrances made to wear in the desert-like and tropical climates of the Arabian gulf? Why would aouds not work for summer?
    Last edited by rentboy; 27th September 2007 at 04:50 PM.

Arrow Re: Any montale good for the summer?

I agree with Soleil de Capri. A delightful, fresh grapefruit scent.
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    Vetiver des Sables for sure, and Sandflowers.
    Also, I regularly wear BA in the hot south Florida climate and it works extremely well.
    Not to sound presumptuous here, but weren't most aoud-based fragrances made to wear in the desert-like and tropical climates of the Arabian gulf? Why would aouds not work for summer?
    My sentiments exactly. I've worn BA and Royal Aoud in the heat and they work quite well.

Black Aoud works well in the heat.

Amen

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Well i guess you have a valid question there but my knowledge (which is extremely limited) of aoud comes from M7 and i thought since it is not a summer frag, i concluded that aoud fragrances couldn't be worn in extreme heat.

Since it's going to summers for a few coming months i wanted to bask in few montales during this time. So you mean BO and Aoud lime would do that job well?

Can't wait to see them in my mailbox.

gupts

Well, summer's gone, but this is the only Montale thread on which I could find a quick mention of Musk to Musk, which I've been trying today for the first time. It's very nice...what it smells like to me is a combination of white musk, a citrus/fruity note, and a light floral note. But the musk is not that pronounced on me. In fact, I get more musk from Emporio Armani He (White), and I prefer that one to the Montale (White He also has a bit more citrus than the Montale). In my opinion, the Montale is also a softer scent overall than White He--softer in terms of composition and intensity. I get the light white musk top/heart note, but no darker musk bottom note. It's a pleasant scent, but too soft for me. However, it lasts pretty well, and quality is pretty good. I'm not sure if this is unisex, but it sure seems that way.
    Last edited by Spicemeister; 24th October 2007 at 01:58 AM.

Aoud Lime.

The rest of the Montale's (Soleil Capri, Vetiver des Sables, etc.) just don't match up to Aoud Lime or the classic citrus fragrances.
    -

I've never smelled it, but I would imagine that Sandflowers would be nice, if you like authentic beachy aquatics.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Oh I hated Sandflowers. A lot. I'm thinking that I have something against iodine because the only Montales that I hate are ones with that note. Something in that really turns my stomach. I even tried wearing one (embruns) in full one day and it was just a miserable day. Others may enjoy its warmness and creaminess, but I can assure you, that person is not me. Perhaps it reminds me of something I don't like.. I don't know. Just isn't for me.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Aoud Lime. The rest of the Montale's (Soleil Capri, Vetiver des Sables, etc.) just don't match up to Aoud Lime or the classic citrus fragrances.
    I agree, Aoud Lime is perfect for the heat and humidity. Honestly, I think Black Aoud would work, too. There is something fresh about the oud that Montale uses that makes it almost vetiver-like.